Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find a good picture of the st170 center console anywhere that shows the whole thing. are there any cupholders? and does it fit directly with the stock ebrake and shifter or will i have to modify it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't have any pics, but it does have cupholders. The RS console does not. It should fit in fine, although you may have to find new mounts for the cupholder screws. Its a grea tlooking piece though, so post up pics when you are done![thumb]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'll post a pic for you later if no one beats me to it. It does have cupholders in the front and one in the rear. They are much nicer than the US ones, because they are one piece of molded rubber in the front instead of the inserts that we have. Also, I agree that you will have to modify the front mounting points for the RS console, but they will work fine for the ST170 console. You will not have to modify anything with the shifter or e-brake, but the rear mounting points do not line up so it will sit a little high in the rear. You can modify it to fit flush if you like, but personally I didn't find it that far off for my tastes.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Here you go:

And yes, if you want the back of the console to fit flush with the floor, you need to cut the stud that's used to secure the stock console. I haven't cut mine yet so the back sticks up, but it doesn't move. I do plan on sorting that out eventually.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they have them on european-parts.net right? can u get it without the buttons? and last question is the thing in back an extra cigar lighter socket?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
That is teh sex! I want one! If anyone's selling, LMK

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i want one too, but do they come in black??... or you have to paint it??

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I think they do come in dark gray, though I haven't seen one yet. I had to paint mine black. Also be aware that they come in left-hand and right-hand drive. One will not fit the other.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yep, they do come in dark gray. I've got one in my SVT. I'll try to post a pic for color reference. It's slightly lighter than my EAP interior, but not so much that it jumps out at you.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I am looking forward to that pic Tangerine.

European-parts.net offers a dark grey or a light grey.

ALso to you guys that have it, the shifter surround says it comes in black wood, red wood, or silver.

does it actually look like wood, or is it a solid color? I cant really tell from Casye's pic

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Blackwood looks like this in direct sun. In dim lighting though, it just looks gloss black:

Red wood looks like regular wood grain.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Here's a couple pics of my dark gray one. I didn't have a lot of natural light, so it's kinda hard to tell the color difference. I may repaint it later, but for now I'm OK with it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think I'll hold on to it for right now, but if I decide I do want to paint it I'll let you know and we might trade just to save me the trouble.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for the pics man.

looks nice. I see the difference in color though, but its not to drastic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts