Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE FOCUS ST... IS IT AVALIABLE ONLY IN EUROPE??

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE SPECS OF THA FOCUS... DOES IT COMPARE TO THE SVT??

THANKS
[:p]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks svt4me

is there going to be a 3 door version ( like the one i see on focusfanatics.com homepage?? i could not find it in the link...

thanks again

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Ahhh, if you mean that silver beauty, then no. That ST is the current European version of the American SVT Focus. The ST that will be introduced here appears that it will only be available (at first, at least) as a sedan - which they're now calling a ZX4, apparently.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks svt4me!!!ST "the st is the current European version of the American SVT Focus" you imply it has the same specs right???

thanks

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Careful there, one word changes everything. I said THAT ST, referring to the silver one found on the home page. The ST that will go for sale *here* will be completely different. But the Euro ST that's on the home page is, as far as I know, almost exactly the same as an SVT. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I do like the interior changes... less arches!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reading the spec for your soon to be "New" ST, it does not appear to be as good a spec as my own. It is available in Europe & Australia only to my knowledge.

Mine started life the same as the picture on the homepage (but RHD). If you want to see the full official spec sheet for my car as built click the link!!
Link to Ford Spec Sheet (PDF File)

Since then I have done the following changes:-

“Lexus Style B” Rear Light Clusters with Silvertec Indicator Bulbs
Smoked Side Repeaters with Silvertec Side Repeater Bulbs
Cobalt Blue Front Fog/Spotlight Bulbs
LHD Reverse Light with True Colour Red Bulb
Chrome Tailgate Grab Handle
Bonnet Lifters (from Redline Tuning)
Various Under Bonnet “Shineys” (from Mirage Stainless)
Custom “Focus” Name Badges
Brake Callipers & Discs in Burgundy Hammerite (Smooth)
Morette Twin Headlights with 30% Xenon Bulbs & Silvertec Indicators
“Cosworth” Design Rear Spoiler
K&N Panel Filter
Peugeot 406 Rear Wiper Arm
Green Silicone Hoses (from Indico(Europe) Hoses)
SVT Focus Badges

If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures up at a later time so you can see what they really look like.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
Yeah being from Australia the ST170 is a roughly 170hp Focus (173hp exactly) which is identical to the SVT Focus sold in the States. Both are pretty much the same, using a 2.0L Duratec, 6spd manual box, same interior, same dash, same specs, handling and performance. Just different rims, bumpers (sadly you Americans get the big ugly ones) and a few odd bits.

The ST Sedan shown for the 2005 release is deceivingly named, thing of it as a top spec US SE Sedan and you're on the ball, will little link to the Euro ST170 or the US SVT.

Hope it helps.
Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts