Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to do some searching on this forum about the differences between st and se suspension. I know from previous parts i have purchased that there are differences (sway bar, coilovers) but as far as control arms and tie rods go are there any major differences? Would aftermarket parts for the st be compatible on the se? May have to do some digging through the ford parts catolauge later but i was just curious to see if anyone knew the answer offhand.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Brakes, Suspension & Chassis section might be an easier search, though info. is buried in here as well.

As you found out already the designs are notably different at the rear, so pieces for one won't work on the other without a FULL swap of the assemblies.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Tried to do some searching on this forum about the differences between st and se suspension. I know from previous parts i have purchased that there are differences (sway bar, coilovers) but as far as control arms and tie rods go are there any major differences? Would aftermarket parts for the st be compatible on the se? May have to do some digging through the ford parts catolauge later but i was just curious to see if anyone knew the answer offhand.
Control arms, sway bars, shocks, and trailing arms are different..... toe arms and Camber arms are same measure, however NA camber arms are stamped/welded steel and ST are cast

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Reactions: felixthecat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts