Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of you well know I bought the SCT XCAL 2 and I am wondering when I FINALLY get it, how much WHP and WTQ am I going to get??? I have intake, TB, and exhaust and soon to be tune...LOL

I know that some say a tune on an SVT should free up about 15 whp.. but how much on an ST?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I guess it is a mail ordered tune... I got it from Wayne... but I told him exactly what mods involve the tune and he said ok pretty easy... why do you think I should have it Custom tuned???

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably will do that when I get my header and cams installed... I would probably take it to focussport and let them deal with it... but for just intake, and exhaust for the MAIN mods I think a mail ordered one will be fine.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I dunno, tunes are hp overated usually. My SVT tune wasn't really about the HP anyway. I don't think it gave even 8hp. I just really liked the way it drove afterwards. I'd probably look for around 8-10hp and maybe 10-12 tq with the tune for the ST. The tune will greatly enhance the way the car drives though.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like how or what will it enhance?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
The powerband will be better, it'll have more power all the way through. More umph at the line. And just feel smoother while driving.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm... you have me all excited about tuning the car but Wayne needs to hurry up and stop slacking off.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
with out a tune i used to lose to my friends spec v, with a tune i pull on him, top of second i almost put a car on him. so with some mods, on a 2.3L the tune should give you at least 6whp. i feel like it gave me 10 because the way i beat him it feels good. when i was bone stock he used to put like 4-5 cars on me, now i can put at least two if we would go race for more than 70mph.

oh and with a tune my car felt like a total diff car. it helps a lot, no problems with the cold start, no bugage, etc.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm.... has me all excited...LOL

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Yes Sharon I am excited as well! I should have my header by the next couple of days and I should have everything else installed in probably about a month or so...and then I'm going up to FS to have a dyno tune. After that we should meet up and line it up!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how about when you go to have your car dyno'd hit me up and we can cruise up together... I want to have that done after I get the header, cams, and ported head done... I should be putting down 180+ whp... [:0]

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
holy cow...yah your car is gonna be quick for sure! But i think I got the weight advantage...right? [8] Either way Im thinking about taking a trip to the Barona 1/8 mile track some time. We could line it up there for free! I mean Legally..not for free

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
true... You prolly do have the weight advantage because I have the audiofile system and the suede leather etc. etc. etc.

I only say that I should have the much whp because Socalduratec on here has a friend and he has like 185-195 whp and I am doing just about the same mods as him but I will have the spec stg. 1 clutch rather than the stg.3 and I won't have the TB... either because I am trading it for a head so Ic an port and polish that sucker.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
That's pretty cool! Hey who do you go to for your car usually? Any recommendations? I might want some help doing stuff at some point

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what'd you mean???

Well, if you are talking about where do I take my car to get mods put on... I do a lot of them myself... but I know some people who put my springs in and they charged me 120... not too bad.

I also know people who do a good job on exhaust systems... there are a lot of hook-up's that I have so just let me know if you ever need any advice...LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts