Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read 140 but cant seem to get past 125 without running out of room on a closed course.., getting that last 15 seems to need a lot of open space..wondering how much runway is needed to actually get to 140?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive read 140 but cant seem to get past 125 without running out of room on a closed course.., getting that last 15 seems to need a lot of open space..wondering how much runway is needed to actually get to 140?
I was on I 94 in se mich in front of airport, running with a couple crotch rockets, I looked at Speedo real quick and was at 143, with a few more 1000 rpm left to go, took me couple miles but you can get there!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on I 94 in se mich in front of airport, running with a couple crotch rockets, I looked at Speedo real quick and was at 143, with a few more 1000 rpm left to go, took me couple miles but you can get there!

Sent from my LGMS210 using FF Mobile
143 is no problem on either of my bikes, been there done that many times (CBR954 & GSXR750) [thumb]. yeah i was thinking at least couple miles in the ST, i just kept running out of room after a ~mile and had to start braking with plenty of rpm's left,. it gets to 100 quick but from 120+ its like a snail to get every mph more [dunno]

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's because your intercooler has heatsoaked, and you're trying to get there on 130hp. lolol
well then it may be time for a new FMIC!!!!!! Actually, I've been reading up on them but wasnt sure on the warranty issue.. you would think it wouldnt cause an issue since it actually helps keep the temps down but i'm sure they would look at it as keeping the turbo spooling longer thus more potential for wear & tear / damage.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I saw 140 on the clock in an undisclosed area of the big wide road that goes from Miami up the east coast towards New York, seemed to get there pretty good ,i was quite impressed really , last time i went faster was on my bike , but wonder if speedo`s are still on the generous side ?? ie 140 is really only 135 i thought st`s were supposed to do 150 ish .

·
Registered
20 Posts

The 143 was in my ST not on a bike...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 143 was in my ST not on a bike...

yeah i know, i was just saying getting to 143 on most sportbikes is quick and easy, i wouldve left you way way way behind before you got up to equal matching speed lol.

I think the heatsoak reasoning sounds plausible, would like to have a way to monitor the intake air temps while driving under heavy load. Outside temps have been in the mid 90's and very humid here lately so i'm sure that doesnt help.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ive hit 140 a few times but im sure if i had more room it would do 150+ . My car is running the MP275 tho so im sure thats helping..

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
[twothumbs]

Did you have the dealer install it and around what was the total cost? I shouldve had it included in the initial sale and just tacked onto my financing. I really like that MP275 package from Mountune & the warranty statement:

This performance upgrade does not void your factory warranty when installed at any Ford dealer, certified ASE installation facility, or mountune USA. Please see FAQ tab for details.

Typical performance gains *

Standard Focus ST 250PS:

0-62mph: 6.5secs
31-62mph (4th gear): 5.7secs
Power 250 PS
Torque 270 lb/ft

Mountune Focus ST 275PS:

0-60mph: 5.7secs
0-62mph: 5.95secs
31-62mph (4th gear): 4.9secs
Power : 275 PS
Torque 296 lb/ft

Included with the MP275 Performance Upgrade.

mountune Induction kit
mountune High Flow Intercooler
mountune mTune handset
mountune performance badge
Optional painted on mountune logo can be applied with included stencil

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-MP275-Performance-Upgrade-Focus-ST-p/2363-280-bb.htm

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually, when we took off started at 90 and the bikes didnt get as far away as I thought they would have. I'm wondering about the heatsoak as I am getting a fs werks intercooler. ? I have do I need to replace charge pipes too? Is there coolant in charge lines? Or is it air to air intercooler? I love my car so far, think we need the catch can too I'm afraid my intake tract is already coated in oil

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, when we took off started at 90 and the bikes didnt get as far away as I thought they would have. I'm wondering about the heatsoak as I am getting a fs werks intercooler. ? I have do I need to replace charge pipes too? Is there coolant in charge lines? Or is it air to air intercooler? I love my car so far, think we need the catch can too I'm afraid my intake tract is already coated in oil

I was interested in a OCC too, but not sure how it will affect the warranty..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for that I still feel stock ic not up to any mods so I'm going with fs werks bar m plate ic

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for that I still feel stock ic not up to any mods so I'm going with fs werks bar m plate ic

If I get a FMIC it will be a Ford Performance / Mountune so they dont give me any crap about warranty issues.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hit 147 or 148 on the Grattan straight, and I braked early. I think you could get up to 150 or 155 MPH on that and that's about .7 miles long (if you count the part from the hard 180 to the straight). You need about a mile to get up to 150 MPH from a dead stop I think, maybe less. Top speed is probably limited to 155 MPH though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts