Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a thought that swapping to the ST 4-wheel disk might be an alternative to the SVT kit. You get bigger rotors than I currently have stock, the only compromise being lesser quality calipers than the SVT (if I'm not mistaken.)

Any thoughts???

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
The ST brakes are smaller than the SVT. Atleast in the front. However all 05+ have larger front disk than 04 and below except the SVTs of course.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Here's one more thought. I have rear drums and no plans for auto-X.

What about upgrading the fronts to 05+ or SVT and leaving the drums? Will this throw off my bias?

·
Registered
442 Posts
depending on the year st the spindles may not work with your struts on the front. I know an 06 wont work as i found that out the hard way. I think an 05 spindle does though. I just ended up buying a pair of svt spindles.

not sure about brake bias, from what i understand if you swap both you will be fine because the brake cylinder is the same.

·
Registered
442 Posts
another good thing about going with the st is that your stock wheels should fit. that and its cheaper. also remember to take the ebrake cable from the st. ill be putting mine on with a svt suspension once i get a couple wheel bearings and a rear rotor:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts