Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what parts from the ST suspension would be compatable with the NA MK3? I noticed that some companies are offering springs for the 2014 ST mk3 that will not fit the 2013 ST. I'm wondering if it is for the same reason that the 13 springs will not fit the 14 NA MK3 and then if those springs would fit a 2014 NA MK3? Also, if i were to put ST struts on a NA Mk3, would i then have to use ST lowering springs too? or could i still use the NA lowering springs?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just trying to figure out what my options are for upgrading the suspension on my '14 NA Mk3 as i know that the lowering springs offered for the '12-'13 wont fit. i want to upgrade the struts and springs for a sportier ride and what to know what the best route would be.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out what my options are for upgrading the suspension on my '14 NA Mk3 as i know that the lowering springs offered for the '12-'13 wont fit. i want to upgrade the struts and springs for a sportier ride and what to know what the best route would be.
I may be mistaken but I think it's only the front bits that changed for your year.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
What is your question exactly? 14 springs only fit on the MY2014 cars, but if you swap whole strut assemblies then it doesn't matter either way. But, the ST rear suspension is different, the shocks mount higher and the sway bar mounting and design is different due to the different rear knuckle. Pretty much the same other than that though.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is your question exactly? 14 springs only fit on the MY2014 cars, but if you swap whole strut assemblies then it doesn't matter either way. But, the ST rear suspension is different, the shocks mount higher and the sway bar mounting and design is different due to the different rear knuckle. Pretty much the same other than that though.
Well you answered most of it. So the ST rear shocks do not fit the NA mk3? I'm considering doing the ST struts up front but then do i have to do the ST springs will standard NA Mk3 sprins fit on the ST front struts?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Correct, the rear st shocks are too short for the NAs. The regular NA springs will fit on the st front struts as long as they're from the correct year ranges.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct, the rear st shocks are too short for the NAs. The regular NA springs will fit on the st front struts as long as they're from the correct year ranges.
awesome thank you! So what would be a good factory option for the rear shocks then? maybe just the handling package rear shocks?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Yeah those might be a tiny bit stiffer. You could always go the ford racing handling pack route too, I've heard good stuff about that kit

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've looked into that for sure but i dont need the sway bars and i wasnt sure if the springs, struts, shocks could be bought seperatly.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I think they can. There's a review thread in the mk3 performance section and I think someone listed all of the seperatre part numbers. If its not there its buried in another thread somewhere lol

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i just found it. i just need to call a ford racing supplier and see if i can order them seperatly then. If i can, then that will most likely be the route i go. I'm about to order the steeda rear sway bar here in the next day or two.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone know the part number for the Ford Focus ST oem front struts. i've tried searching around and i can find the "performance" and "handling package" struts but cant find anything that says specifically ST front struts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts