Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i'm wanting to do ST front struts on my '14 Mk3. Do i need to use Focus ST springs too? Or can i use the standard MK3 lowering springs?

I know that switching to ST front struts will allow the ST lowering springs to fit the front but willt he ST lowering spring fit the rear too?

If the ST springs do fit the MK3 then why do they sell seperate springs for both cars?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ST starts out lower & quite a bit stiffer than a std. MkIII.

A set of aftermarket lowering springs for a MkIII might be a little lower than that, but prob. not stiffer.

To change an ST appreciably would likely take a different aftermarket set.

At a guess I'd rank them: MkIII,then Ford Racing, then ST, then MkIII aftermarket, then ST aftermarket for ride height/stiffness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ST starts out lower & quite a bit stiffer than a std. MkIII.

A set of aftermarket lowering springs for a MkIII might be a little lower than that, but prob. not stiffer.

To change an ST appreciably would likely take a different aftermarket set.

At a guess I'd rank them: MkIII,then Ford Racing, then ST, then MkIII aftermarket, then ST aftermarket for ride height/stiffness.
Hope this thread hasn't been idle too long. I have a 2014 Focus Titanium with the sport wheels. The ride is very firm which I'm fine with, I'm wondering what the difference in ride is between my car and the 2014/2015 Focus ST, I drove a 2013 ST ST3 and a 2013 ST ST2 and the ST2 with partial leather seats seemed smoother than the ST3, was that just the roads/my imagination?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ST suspension is identical across the versions, the cars only vary in accessories.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Could go w/ a set of ST coilover's instead,,,,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts