Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed - I got one of these on the cheap. Can it be installed on my se ? Maybe if a trim panel is swapped from an ST? Thanks

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Elwood, do you have a low line center console or the side by side cup holder high line center console? If you have the high line it should go on. It would just be a matter of attaching it properly

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man yeah its the low line with the cup holders running vertical with the car. Think at least 2 of the console panels possibly more would need to be changed to make it work

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
You might need to get the whole console then man, cause that goes through the base of the center.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh ok I was kinda hoping I could just get the side piece and the piece that takes the place of the "pocket" on mine. Might put this up for sale then. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry if this has been discussed - I got one of these on the cheap. Can it be installed on my se ? Maybe if a trim panel is swapped from an ST? Thanks
3 things.
1-My wife's car, which is a 2013 SE Sport have this park brake handle so it is not ST specific.
2-I had this park brake handle in my ST and hated it because it was always rubbing on my knee.
3-My 2014 came with a shorter handle with no silver trim. I don't rub my knee anymore on it.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
3 things.

1-My wife's car, which is a 2013 SE Sport have this park brake handle so it is not ST specific.

2-I had this park brake handle in my ST and hated it because it was always rubbing on my knee.

3-My 2014 came with a shorter handle with no silver trim. I don't rub my knee anymore on it.

We know it's not ST specific, we were just discussing what it'd take to install it. I've honestly never heard of anyone rubbing their knee on it before, you must be really tall lol.
Your 2014 is like mine and the OP's, low line center console, in line cup holders and semi hidden e-brake.

Also OP, you would probably need the e-brake cables used in the other models as well. I've heard the high line versions have longer cables.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We know it's not ST specific, we were just discussing what it'd take to install it. I've honestly never heard of anyone rubbing their knee on it before, you must be really tall lol.
Your 2014 is like mine and the OP's, low line center console, in line cup holders and semi hidden e-brake.

Also OP, you would probably need the e-brake cables used in the other models as well. I've heard the high line versions have longer cables.
My cup holder are the same that in the ST3, side by side. In fact My SE have the same center console than my ST3 had.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My SEL has that too. Just need the right center console I believe. Ill add a pic tomorrow.
Im 6'5" and it doesnt bother my knee...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the info

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hey Elwood, just wondering what would be the purpose of switching the parking brake lever ? Would it be for aesthetic or functional reasons ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just like the look of the lever/console tbh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts