Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have an opportunity to pick up a ST front bumper for $250 that is already the same color as my SE (Tux black). one small catch on it tho. it is slightly damaged. (pics below) Should i bite the bullet and do it?

I already have DRLs in my SE bumper and im not sure which will look better.

and this is my current setup.

HELP FF!

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
I'd stick with the SE bumper. unless you have your heart set on the ST

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Give them $150 for it and make the swap. The ST front end looks bad a** and you can then fit the Ford Racing cold air intake.

DO IT!

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give them $150 for it and make the swap. The ST front end looks bad a** and you can then fit the Ford Racing cold air intake.

DO IT!
hes set on 250.

·
Registered
31 Posts

DO IT!
Snorkel fits on the regular Focus front end. I have it on my Titanium. It touches the inside of the fascia pretty tight and maybe 1/8" of the opening is below the fascia, but it works fine.

I'm in the same situation, thinking about switching to ST because I didn't take good care of the front clip paint and its pitted all to hell. I have those lights, but I was looking at these for the ST front clip -

http://www.carpartshow.com/product/Day_Running_Light/FORD_Series_DRL/2013/1014/406.html

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I'll do it! As a project... You might wanna get the ST side skirts and the rear valance as well in the near future.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
$250 is one outstanding deal for the bumper and grilles. The damage is small and can be repaired.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Without the St skirts and rear valance I'm not sure it'd be all that appealing..
Oh but it is much more appealing, and the impact of the ST skirts and lower rear valence being painted is minimal on a black car. Well more so the skirts being minimal, but the valence with grilles is more visual.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Oh but it is much more appealing, and the impact of the ST skirts and lower rear valence being painted is minimal on a black car. Well more so the skirts being minimal, but the valence with grilles is more visual.
I feel that if he paint matched his stock pieces tuxedo black, it would look very clean. My stock pieces made a huge difference when they were painted.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Is your car a sedan or a hatch? If you have a sedan I'd definitely say go for it. I absolutely love the sedans with the ST frontend. They certainly make people look twice.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I feel that if he paint matched his stock pieces tuxedo black, it would look very clean. My stock pieces made a huge difference when they were painted.

Note I didn't say it would look bad or anything, but with a black car the effect of painting the skirts is minimized. In my opinion it would be harder to notice than it is on any of the other colors which do not closely match the color of the stock pieces.

On my ST I like having the painted side skirts as it sets the car off being more monochromatic, but a black on black car is already fairly monochromatic even if it's a subtle difference.

The rear lower valence from an ST would be more noticeable on a hatchback thanks to the additional grilles and the fact that it was a smooth grey urethane plastic valence to start with that requires painting to be finished.

TL:DR It doesn't seem necessary, but again if someone want's to paint it go ahead. It will look nice up close.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is your car a sedan or a hatch? If you have a sedan I'd definitely say go for it. I absolutely love the sedans with the ST frontend. They certainly make people look twice.
i have the hatch.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Just wait on it and see if he will come down in price. The DRLs for the ST bumper look better IMO.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would call dealer bc i think you need to buy the mounting brackets or can anyone confirm u can just do a direct swap

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
$250 is one outstanding deal for the bumper and grilles. The damage is small and can be repaired.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^ Just ask Twenty about his.[twothumbs]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts