Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
What are the options
standard, st1 ,st2 are the main ones. You looking to get one perhaps? And would that be a Fost or the Fist?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Easiest way to check out options is to go to Ford Motor Company website, choose the car you want to check out and 'build'. When you are building, you get to see every single option, and can click on the tab to see all the bits included in each option package.
you can view what seat options are allowed with each body color, in the ST2 option package.
And which options cannot be placed together.
All in all a complete overview of the possible things you might want, and what they cost.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Why does Ford North America's showroom.ford.com "not" show the Focus ST separately?
If I did not have the wherewithal to know that I need to click on the normal Focus and find the ST features mixed in with the normal Focus info. I find this a very bad set up, especially in a market were the ST variants are not a known choice. And even once you have clicked through to make it to the chose between sedan or hatch variant , still no mention of a ST.
I have knowledge of the ST and what features to expect, but for a rookie 1st time to the Ford brand, their format set up to make it easy to know what to expect as far as feature content, options etc etc, it is brutally awful.
Group 200A and Group 201A and Group 202A is absolutely useless.
EG- Group 201A -includes all Focus ST features plus SE-model appearance package How the heck does that help a 1st customer to Ford brand to know what the SE model appearance package includes........sorry but this is total laziness on Fords part to make it easy for someone to know what is inside Fords Focus performance vehicle.
IMO it is a bad idea to be mixing the normal Focus features in with the what I think I clicked on Focus ST feature information pages.

Easy for Focus fanatics but not so useful for 1st time Blue Oval shoppers.

201A EG blunders - you think this is a good way to educate 1st time Focus ST shoppers?????
SE Models: The SE Appearance Package includes,
Ambient lighting
60/40 split fold-down rear seat with armrest (sedan)
Fog lamps with chrome bezels
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
17-inch silver machined aluminum wheels
Leather-trimmed seats with six-way power driver’s seat
Perimeter alarm
Overhead console
Rear disc brakes
SiriusXM Satellite Radio with six-month subscription (not available in AL or HI)
Rear spoiler (sedan)
SelectShift® six-speed automatic transmission ST Models: The ST2 Package includes,
Audio System from Sony® with 10 speakers including subwoofer
8” Screen
Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
HD Radio™ technology
SiriusXM Satellite Radio with six-month subscription (not available in AL or HI)
RECARO® Partial-Leather Seating

The poor 1st time to Ford shopper after reading this info, is at the mercy (god help him) of a salesperson at the dealership that might be even more ill informed what the heck is possible with a Focus ST.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Typical half arsed listings,

Package includes blah blah blah except when superceded by other options etc. etc.. or not avail. on model chosen....

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I also found the initial look at the list of what is in the packages confusing.
After a few minutes I figured it out.
I guess that means my IQ is at least in the 100 and up range?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I also found the initial look at the list of what is in the packages confusing.
After a few minutes I figured it out.
I guess that means my IQ is at least in the 100 and up range?
Or the other deduction that could be made is that you are a Focus owner and know what you are looking at.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The poor 1st time to Ford shopper after reading this info, is at the mercy (god help him) of a salesperson at the dealership that might be even more ill informed what the heck is possible with a Focus ST.
Seriously?

There aren't that many option variations available.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
One problem with Ford and most other manufacturers is the shifting of info from an easy to use website to the dealer network.
Like finding a car. Ford COULD make finding the exact car you want easy. But nooooooo. they seem to insist you check with the local dealer. basically you can cheat by changing the zip code, but why not just have a REAL selection where the exact car you want is shown and at WHAT DEALERS within your chosen distance.

Seems to me they expect people to have only a vague idea of what they want, and the salesperson can 'guide' them to the perfect car. That is the sales model. Problem is it SUCKS, and only really works for idiots.

I have had more than my share of salesmen who ignore your specifications and take you to the car they want to sell. Like some idiot..

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ford has the expanded area search on the website. Which is nice, it shows all of Texas dealers for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One problem with Ford and most other manufacturers is the shifting of info from an easy to use website to the dealer network.
Like finding a car. Ford COULD make finding the exact car you want easy. But nooooooo.
I disagree. When I built my car online at the end in the summary section there was a search local dealers option.

I clicked it and found a car that a local dealer had ordered which hadn't even been built yet. I went in to the dealer and told them that when it arrived I would be purchasing it. At the lower level (salesmen) they didn't know anything about it however the sales manager was able to locate it and reserve it for me.

The EXACT car I wanted (the same as if I ordered it and waited) delivered to the dealership like a week later fresh off the assembly line.

The dealership didn't even to put their crappy stickers or plate frames on it. It went straight from the convoy truck to the kid who cleans it to me.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Why does Ford North America's showroom.ford.com "not" show the Focus ST separately?
If I did not have the wherewithal to know that I need to click on the normal Focus and find the ST features mixed in with the normal Focus info. I find this a very bad set up, especially in a market were the ST variants are not a known choice. And even once you have clicked through to make it to the chose between sedan or hatch variant , still no mention of a ST.
I have knowledge of the ST and what features to expect, but for a rookie 1st time to the Ford brand, their format set up to make it easy to know what to expect as far as feature content, options etc etc, it is brutally awful.
Group 200A and Group 201A and Group 202A is absolutely useless.
EG- Group 201A -includes all Focus ST features plus SE-model appearance package How the heck does that help a 1st customer to Ford brand to know what the SE model appearance package includes........sorry but this is total laziness on Fords part to make it easy for someone to know what is inside Fords Focus performance vehicle.
IMO it is a bad idea to be mixing the normal Focus features in with the what I think I clicked on Focus ST feature information pages.

Easy for Focus fanatics but not so useful for 1st time Blue Oval shoppers.

201A EG blunders - you think this is a good way to educate 1st time Focus ST shoppers?????
Ambient lighting
Perimeter alarm
Overhead console
Rear disc brakes
Rear spoiler (sedan)
SelectShift® six-speed automatic transmission ST Models: The ST2 Package includes,
8” Screen
HD Radio™ technology

It's very clear that the 201A package for the ST is different than the one for the SE.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I knew for sure that you would defend such a silly set up[twothumbs]
It's not a great web design, but building an ST would be different from building the base car.

If you follow the full build and price page vs just quoting the specific 201A package text from the website you would read that they made it explicitly clear that for the SE it is the SE Appearance Package and on the ST the ST2 package.

Equipment Group - 201A
Includes all standard Focus ST features plus:
SE model- SE Appearance Package
ST model- ST2
If you're looking at an ST it only adds the ST2 items, not the SE Appearance Package ones. Clearly.
It could use an additional space between the line items, but it very clearly talks about two separate options packages.

Equipment Group 201A
Ambient lighting
Perimeter alarm
Overhead console
Rear disc brakes
Rear spoiler (sedan)
SelectShift® six-speed automatic transmission

ST Models: The ST2 Package includes,
8” Screen
HD Radio™ technology

1 - 16 of 16 Posts