Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just recently purchased my first ST. It’s a 2014 and I love it! Just looking for some help on where to begin with the upgrades, already have spark plugs and a CAI on the way! What’s next? And where should I look for quality parts?

Thanks I’m advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Performance suggestions
-Intake filter swap or CAI (you already have)
-Cat back exhaust
-Intake snorkel
-Bigger intercooler
-Focus RS throttle body
-Blow off value
-Tune and downpipe if you don't have or are not worried about your warranty

Suspension/Handling suggestions
-Bigger sway bars or traction bar
-Strut tower braces
-Either coil-overs or new struts and lowering springs
-Better tires

Umm that's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I forgot to say welcome to focus fanatics and congrats on the focus purchase! I'm new here too. Mountune and CJ Pony Parts both have a lot of focus st parts.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
Welcome. I'd start with an Intercooler. The factory unit is horrible. Then it depends on what you want to do with the car. How do you want it to sound? Handle?

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so I order the NGK iridium pre gapped one step colder spark plugs, they’re gapped to 0.028. I won’t need to tune anything for these right? Just plug and play kinda sorta

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 step colder spark plugs

Hey everyone, just curious if having these without a tune will affect anything? Or if it’s just unnecessary and won’t change anything? Thanks in advance!

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
I merged your two threads, just keep posting your questions here. No need for a separate thread
Hey everyone, just curious if having these without a tune will affect anything? Or if it’s just unnecessary and won’t change anything? Thanks in advance!
without a tune, i would assume you are relatively stock. I would say there is not a benefit of running one step colder plugs until you are stage 1 or higher and at that point you should be tuned any ways. More likely to foul the plug

Great write up on spark plugs from Stratified: Blog : Spark Plug Tech : Stratified Automotive Controls TLDR: Stock plugs best for daily driving/mostly stock. 1-step colder good for modified ST where you see higher boost often

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just did the rs intake with a green filter
Whats your budget? There are cheap oem rs mods like what youve done with the airbox, you can do the rs shifter, 2.3L 63mm TB, full RS intake, FRPP or Velossatech snorkel, turbo blanket & heat reflective wrap the tubes, RMM, BPV, RS brake cooling deflectors, etc,

If you go to focusst.org you will find many threads on modding.

Mountune stuff is on sale right now, the B1 kit is only $809 with the bf2018 code

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Focus-ST-B1-Package-p/ap3-for-001b1.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts