Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here girlfriend just picked up an 05 SES ZX5 and were slowly modding it just installed CFM Shorty, 8k HID's and interior and license plate LED's. Anyways I was wanting to get that ST grill look instead of the chrome trim around the grill but I cant seem to locate on where to get one, or would it be the same/easier to just get a body shop to strip the chrome and paint it body color? And last I see people painting the lower grill area what kind of paint do you use? I really like the look of it! Really appreciate any help/advice I can get a bunch of you have some badass looking focus's on this site! Love the euro look aswell!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
please, please, please, dont put 8k HID's in the stock housings! Save the eyes of your peer motorists. HID's in reflector housings love to blind everyone.

Its really easy to strip the chrome off of it (you can also buy them on ebay without the chrome and with primer already on them) and paint them. You can find rattle cans with the exact paint as your car. Be sure to clear coat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You could buy a brand new ST grille and surround from the Ford dealer parts Dept. for about $45.00. That way you can keep the original grille and surround to restore the car back to stock when you want to sell it. You might also check the Buy/Sell/Trade Parts and Accessories for sale section of the forum. I have sold several grilles and surrounds this way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool ill just order a black one from Ford and have it repainted, another question are the st mirrors exactly the same as the normal mirrors just the centers are painted? They don't fold like the svts do they? Thinking about painting them like the st's as well

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
no they arent the same. The caps on them have different clips than non st's and they also fold. You would have to get the entire mirror. Could simply paint the caps on your mirrors though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts