Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok. So i tested it out before i went into work real quick by pinning it in the odb2 plug and just the turbo boost gauge wouldnt work. Bummed, but wasnt driving it either, just running parked.
Will try again later for a quick test drive and see what happens.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pinned it up in the odb2 plug at work during lunch again and it lit up and everything but the turbo gauge moved again. Figured i would run the wires when i go to install my radio the next day and take it for a spin and see then.
After trying to get my new radio to work i decided since i had the dash apart i would cut the hole for the gauge set and run the wires before i put it back together. Butchered it with my leatherman but atleast its close enough.
Only had 2 wires long enough to reach BCM, store didnt have anything close to the right size and daylight disappearing on me so couldnt finish install today, maybe tomorrow.
20201031_172802.jpg

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Fully wired it up now, crappy vampire clips didnt even penetrate the wires so fixed that mess, then ran the ground and used a connector to the ground cable for the AIM instead of running it to the drivers side pillar like my diagram(too much stuff in the way to do it otherwise).
It finally works!
Fully illuminates and all gauges work! Couldnt help staring at it after driving around for two hours to verify their accuracy(the color dont match but i can live with it).
Disappointed i waited so long to do this, but im happy with it now.
So to anyone with the 1.0 ecoboost cars that was thinking about doing this but wasnt sure it would work, now you know that it does and you can do it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts