Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the ST doesn't have the "lunchbox" and just a pipe/tip. I'm not shure if this is true but I think it sounds right! Anyway, if it IS true could I get the ST rear half and just bolt it on to my car? D20 ZX4 SE. I'm pretty shure its all the same.

Jake

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
yeah you are right the ST doens't have the lunch box muffler at the back so you could do that to your SE and it would probably sound just about the same... maybe a little less loud though... you still have the D20.

·
2,272 Posts
Its not that easy. You can't just order the rear section from an ST. If you can I am not aware of it. You have to cut part of the stock exhuast to install an aftermarket exhaust system. The stock exhuast is all one piece until it bolts to the flexpipe - there are no "sections" to it. Your best bet would be to go to a muffler shop and have them cut off the lunchbox and weld on some pipe with a tip at the end. They would probably charge around $50 for that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought there was a cylinder muffler more than half way past the middle of the car and then the rear section bolted there? crap!

Jake

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Thats what I mean't...go to a muffler shop and have them replace it with some pipe... they won't charge you 50 bux... I got my WHOLE exhaust put on for 75 so for just a piece of pipe???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts