Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the stock st exhaust pop up used and can be had pretty cheap. Saw a free one last week but missed the opportunity. I'm broke right now but tossing around the idea of just using the 2.5" piping, adding two mufflers and just leaving it opened or perhaps dumped right before the axle, in the tunnel. Anyone thought of this? The st muffler, I would just sell.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I've considered something similar. It would give a stock/ stealth kinda of thing going on while giving you more power and sound. You already are putting down some pretty impresive WHP numbers. Add a full 2.5 inch exhaust and i bet you would be close to 180whp which would be perfect IMO.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Why even bother with the ST exhaust then if you are just going to cut it up and use part of it? Some 2.5" pipe can't be that expensive by itself.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why even bother with the ST exhaust then if you are just going to cut it up and use part of it? Some 2.5" pipe can't be that expensive by itself.
I'm not cutting anything up. The exhaust will have been cut in 2-3 pieces for removal so it would just need to be welded up. On top of that, it's stainless steel I believe and has the hanger provisions already welded up in the correct spots. Only added cost would be an additional muffler but that could be recooped off of selling the st muffler. Or just working out a deal for the piping and pay half of the asking price.
The stealthy aspect does appeal to me. Not in terms of being fast but just the sleekness of it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I want to delete the rear muffler and just angle/or dump the exhaust before the rear suspension. From one of the pictures I just saw, the st exhaust was only a 2.25". The owner may have snapped that bore picture at the smallest section though, idk.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could just have a shop use 3" with 2 mufflers, 1 for each section of straight piping. That might be a little loud though versus the oem st

·
Registered
343 Posts
From the few reviews of the ST exhaust I've read and listened to on YouTube, it's pretty tame. I imagine a 3 inch will be near deafening if you get on it / need to pass.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Like this?? If you can get the pieces it all fits perfect. I had the exhaust put on 2 weeks before the car was finished
Did you convert your regular Focus HB to a ST rear end? If so what did you have to do to go about that? I've been toying with that idea in my head.
Yes I did... I actually did the whole car.... for the rear you need the ford racing st exhaust for the na hatches... it comes with the new Rear valance too... will not void warranty either... also in the rear the spoiler too. Very straight forward. Easy to install

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I did... I actually did the whole car.... for the rear you need the ford racing st exhaust for the na hatches... it comes with the new Rear valance too... will not void warranty either... also in the rear the spoiler too. Very straight forward. Easy to install
Shit dude I want to do the same thing minus tthe spoiler. I'm going to friend you on here so I can pick your brain if I need to.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Shit dude I want to do the same thing minus tthe spoiler. I'm going to friend you on here so I can pick your brain if I need to.
OK sounds good.. I'll help when I can

1 - 13 of 13 Posts