Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local ford dealer today, and did a unscientific measure of the rotors on a ST vs. an SES. both cars were sitting next to each other on the lot, about a foot apart. I took a businees card and measured the size of the rotor from the center of the rotor hub to the edge of the rotor, on the ST. I took the business card and put it on the hub flush against the rotor, and then I bent it over the top of the rotor and made a solid crease in the card. Then I took the card, and it matched up perfectly with the rotor on the SES. By eyeballing the rotors they look to be the same size. I tried to look at the part numbers on the calipers, and they seemed to be different, but I could not see the complete number.

I think the rotors are the same size as in diameter, but judging from the calipers, I think the ST is a little thicker.

Point in case, if the rotors are the same size. cool, stopping power are pretty close the same, as the thickness of the rotor is not a significant amount.

Also, since the front rotors are the same size, I believe it would be a feasible to convert the rear drums to ST rear discs......but if we have SES's without ABS, could it be possible to use those discs....

I think it should be no problem, just do not use the sensors, and plug any sensor holes on the rear setup.

I am thinking the parts needed, would be the caliper, brackets, spindle, rotor, and maybe possibly rear brake line. However, the brake line may work perfectly.

I was looking at an SVT brake kit, but if the ST rear or SVT rear would work, since it appers that the 06 fouses have the same size front disc.

Has anyone done this on the newer model focus' or have infomation, that may give me the correct parts list. Anyone actuall know if the front discs are the same diameter across.....

I have researched the focus sites,and am still a little confused.

Any help would be useful.
[???:)]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Yes, the front brakes on all 2005+ are the same size. However, I wasn't aware of any changes in brake calipers.

As for the rear conversion, its the same parts list and install procedure as the AdvancTrac setup.

·
Registered
313 Posts
St rears are a direct bolt on +/- the ABS sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts