Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I remember hearing at one point or another that ST shocks were just SVT shocks.

Does this mean that an SVT suspension kit with ST front shocks suddenly becomes an 06-07 SVT suspension kit?

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
i think youre right, but someone verify...? they both use the Tokico(?) shocks but the ST has softer springs
besides the suspension kit, if you really want SVT-type performance you would need some 17 inch wheels

Reactions: 1-ST

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing, 17" wheels are soon to be on the way. I want to lower my car next, but not too much to be practical, and I love the SVT stance.

I do NOT however, love that I'd have to use an adapter kit to make it fit my car... making the otherwise cheap kit a hunnert bucks more expensive. Maybe someone like Mike at Hilbish could hook me up with an SVT kit including the right shocks?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Yup the ST dampers are the same as the SVT all around. The springs are just softer between the two. To truly handle like the SVT yes you would need the correct tire size (wheels), a good tire, and the 21mm rear swaybar which if you have the S version doesn't even come with any swaybar. Soooo Steeda makes a hardware kit for this.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
And as far as a stance with the SVT springs I think its perfect especially on the sedan.

I put SVT springs on my ST. Take a look see.

Handles great and is practical for winter and such as well. Awesome compromise.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way ahead of ya Jet. Already have the Steeda sway kit installed.

"S" is in quotes 'cause I'm being a sarcastic snot. XD

I wonder just how cheap I could get the thing for now that I don't need to order a sway... or if getting the parts seperately will be more expensive.

Before I order my Saleen 17x7"s tomorrow, with Kumho Ecsta (sp?) all season tires, what size should I get if I have a choice?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
i think youre right, but someone verify...? they both use the Tokico(?) shocks but the ST has softer springs
besides the suspension kit, if you really want SVT-type performance you would need some 17 inch wheels
they are mcpherson struts and shocks.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
no pumkin...they are mcpherson style...mcpherson doesnt make a strut, they arent a company.

im not sure if they are made by tokico tho...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the frpp kit uses tokico. so i don't think the svt does

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
the frpp kit uses tokico. so i don't think the svt does
yea i think the stock struts are definitely a motorcraft product. they are great tho, dont get me wrong. just not tokico.

·
Registered
285 Posts
X 2 ^

Just checked my ST - I didn't see any brand logos, but a lot of Ford part numbers.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just want the SVT suspension to fit my car without adapters. I know the ST shocks up front will fit in the (spindle?) of any 06-07, so if they really are just SVT-spec shocks modified to fit the new front (spindles?) on 06-07s, then it's possible to mix-and-match.

Off topic (kinda,) ordered Saleen rims and all-season Kumho Ecstas, FINALLY RIMS FOR MY FOCUS!

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
yes i believe its possible...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts