Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i fanally came to a conclusion to increase hp on my 170 the best way to increase it will be to give it a generous shot of nos , guys could you help me i wanna run 50 shot , im looking at a basic system , wot do i need , cos all the parts are sold separately here by us , we have no access to retard timing etc , plz help the type r are giving me a hard time

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I started here:

http://www.zex.com/

Unsure what the policy is on shipping outside the US is though.
There is a member on here selling a kit in the BST thread....a little extra shipping on a great priced kit perhaps?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i had to go 50 shot will i still need tuning

·
Registered
47 Posts
With a direct port wet system you can tune fuel and nitrous with the different pill sizes no ecu tune needed.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
With a direct port wet system you can tune fuel and nitrous with the different pill sizes no ecu tune needed.
Really ? What about the timing and about 5 other things that adding a diff fuel pill has nothing to do with ?

Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
What makes the svt so different from other cars? Say for example a 2000 Gsr?

I ran a 100 shot on a Gsr motor with no issues. No tune and no timing retard.

I would think that with only a 50 shot it would be even less important to worry about timing.

As long as your air fuel ratio reads good... No?

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
NO ! Any car with Nitrous you should retard 1-2 deg of timing per 50HP of Nitrous depending on engine , compression , etc
The load needs to be changed so you dont hit whats basicly a fuel cut , adding nitrous changes load a lot

To tell some one he can run nitrous with out knowing what the outcome is just because some one ran it on a diff type car isnt a good idea

Tom

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
redline.

At Steeda i saw pistons from one of their own guys who was spraying at WOT on the strip when he hit fuel shut off. 1 quarter size hole in each piston. Not a pleasant trip to the strip. Its also when I stopped shopping at Steeda, becasue if they run THAT much nitrous without a tune and subsequent saftey measures, Im out.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
It'll still work without a tune.

Where is there a fuel cut off?
Well sure a 100 , 200 , 300 HP shot will work to .... But for how long

Put 1 bullets in a 6 shot revolver and your odds are you wont shoot your self the first time to ... do YOU want to try that or just tell others it will work you only have 1 bullet in there

You need a tune your getting some really really bad advise , listen to the guys that have done nitrous and tuned nitrous and see what it can do if done wrong

You asked "Where is there a fuel cut off?" if you dont know how the system works how can you say he will be fine with nitrous and no tune ? There could actually be 2 fuel cut offs

Tom

·
Registered
369 Posts
^^^agree to that. I have never run nitorus on any of my foci, but I darn sure know enough from the guys here to get a tune for nitrous before taking the shot. Don't need valves or pistons blowing through my block.

Never bought anything from you Tom (yet), but I whole heartedly would take your advice based on yoru experience.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems very debatable, but wers the guys who's running nos , wot do they say , tom I need your tune so bad , you wnt blieve it , nos or no nos

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have read a good few threads on many sites that the svt can. Handle , up to 50 shots of gas , apparently the ecu compensates , I've got the entire nos kit sitting in my trunk but fear of breaking the motor , btw only 250 st 170 made it to south africa so getting spares is a night mare n the pricesare hectic

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
Dont know what sites your reading but read the instructions from the people that make the kit and see if they dont say 1-2 deg timing retard for a 50 shot

The ECU has no way of knowing your running nitrous so it has no way to adjust for it

Find a few guys that want Focus tuning and I can do it , I have asked 20 times for a ECU code , whats that site again ?

Tom

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Listen to Tom. I ran N2o before I went boosted. GET A TUNE and all the goodies to go along with it. Don't listen to people who say to just "go ahead and spray". You'll be sorry in the long run. Get a Wet kit, fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, bottle pressure gauge (you want to spray at a bottle pressure of 1050 psi), RPM/Window switch, and a purge kit.

N2o by itself is non-flammable; until you pressurize it i.e. in the combustion chamber. N2o is 36% oxygen while atmosphere is 24% oxygen. When you spray you're oxidizing you're mixture which tells you that you need more fuel. Because of N2o's high oxygen content, it burns hotter. This is where the damage can be done. You need the fuel to compensate. The extra fuel also helps in cooling the combustion temperature.

Before you do this. Do your own research. Don't listen to what everyone says on here. I bought some books online and read as much as I possibly could about running N2o and it's chemical properties. I wouldn't expect to pay anything less than $1000 for a complete SAFE system. Do research and ask Tom questions. He has the experience to back up what he says. Don't forget, you ABSOLUTELY will need a wideband. So you're going to need to research how to install one and learn to datalog using the wideband also. There is a lot to consider before just installing a bottle and spraying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's some load of bull... There are so many willing to comment who have zero experience.

If the rev limiter cuts off fuel then shift earlier when spraying. Get a shift light.

Obviously all the precautions need to be taken like bottle warmer, fuel pressure guauge/saftey switch.

My bottle heater kept my bottle at 900 psi constant. That's the pressure that the pills were tuned for.

Nitrous is never flammable... even when pressurized. Nitrous merely helps you burn more fuel because the oxygen concentration is higher when spraying.

Obviously you read those books wrong according to your false info.

If you are rich and money is no object then get the tune.

If you are an incompetent driver then perhaps all these safety things you need.

And Tom I have done nitrous and tuned nitrous many times, albeit not on an SVT.

But there is no way the SVT is so different as to warrant your claims. Also you cannot run 200, 300 etc horsepower shots, nobody has said anything so foolish except you.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm not even going get into it with you and your 30 posts. To the OP do what you want, it's your ride.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts