Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the caliper bracket #2M5Z-2B582-AA x2 all I need beside's the rotor's to upgrade my rear 10'' setup that I have now? Or do I need the SVT spindle's to? I know both car's use the same caliper. Thanx for your input!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SVT's= 11''s & ST's= 10''s

I thought the rear brakes were the same?
Nope sorry, Ford cheaped out on the rear brake's for the ST's. Their already had the 11's rolling w/ the SVT's. Bean Counter's strike again!!!

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Bump. Nobody knows this for sure? I might just buy a caliper and rotor through work, take them home and try and bolt em up and return them if "they're the wrong part." ;)

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Bump. Nobody knows this for sure? I might just buy a caliper and rotor through work, take them home and try and bolt em up and return them if "they're the wrong part." ;)

Posted via FF Mobile That works, but maybe call up Tousley Ford or Fswerks, maybe they know.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Ether only a few things could be different.
1 the bracket or
2 the caliper and
3 obviously the rotor is a different size

Only question now is what's different. I'm also assuming the brake dust shield will also be different size due to the rotor. Everything else should be the same or at least I think it is the same. So who's going to go by the the parts? I know with 05+ model years your only a caliper and rotor swap away from SVT front brakes right?

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are only four things that you need to add the svt brakes to the ST. It is an SVT longer caliper bracket, dust shields, rotor and a longer brake hose. It is very tight on a stock ST brake hose.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I was thinking about this and what if you were to lets say run ebc greens/Hawk hps in the front and ran ebc redstuff/hawk hp plus in back to get equal braking.

you think it would work?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Balance & ABS issue's.

I was thinking about this and what if you were to lets say run ebc greens/Hawk hps in the front and ran ebc redstuff/hawk hp plus in back to get equal braking.

you think it would work?
Check out Grassroot's Motorsport's magazine- Oct '11 issue. They are testing track ready brake pad's & Hawk sent their DTC70front & HT10 for the rear= noticeable balance issue & not to mention ABS issue's. It is a good read thou. ABS I can beleive, if your hard on the brake's. It could help get a FWD rotated, but I would wreather use a Steeda bar, than brake's to get a car in the corner myself, maybe it could help else where thou.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are only four things that you need to add the svt brakes to the ST. It is an SVT longer caliper bracket, dust shields, rotor and a longer brake hose. It is very tight on a stock ST brake hose.
So w/ that being said, all I need is 2M5Z-2B582-AA bracket's & a pr of rotor's? I'm already using Earl's SS line 10mmx 1 female to 10mmx male, size 3 hose= Earls #630110_ _ add your lenght. I used 18''. I added a little slack for when I did this swap some day, a few year's ago. I is a lot cheaper than Russell's kit, & when used on a SVT you get rid of 2 hose's & russell's front line's are a little short, I find upgrading a customer's car. I removed the rear sheild's when I 1st bought this car to cut down on the dust the rear brake's had compared to the front's w/ no dust & no sheild's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts