Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I can get my hands on a dodge srt4 turbo with exhaust manifold from my friend...so my question is is it possible to put on my 2.0 liter zx3, and what modifications might be necessary? ps. if it makes a difference the turbo i believe was from a neon
[dunno]

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
you could buy a manifold kit and fab up a flange to fit the srt-4 turbo, but IMO it would be more trouble than its worth better off just getting a kit from tom. just my thoughts tho, whatever floats your boat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only reason why im considering it is because i will be getting the turbo for free minus the money for new bearings

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
you could buy a manifold kit and fab up a flange to fit the srt-4 turbo, but IMO it would be more trouble than its worth better off just getting a kit from tom. just my thoughts tho, whatever floats your boat
no you can not. an srt4 turbo is built into the exhaust manifold. it doesnt have a normal seperate exhaust housing on the turbo. you would be better off selling that and getting a dsm turbo of some kind with the money if you need boost and want it cheap.

if you need to know where to sell i would try neons.org

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
ya srt has the built in manifold like turtle said ^^^^. you can get a 14b turbo from a DSM or a 16g form an evo

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
no you can not. an srt4 turbo is built into the exhaust manifold. it doesnt have a normal seperate exhaust housing on the turbo. you would be better off selling that and getting a dsm turbo of some kind with the money if you need boost and want it cheap.

if you need to know where to sell i would try neons.org
that sucks, what a stupid design

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Very useful info, fellas.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i was baffled the first time i saw one. it took me a litle bit to figure out how it worked and which way it flowed. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts