Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SRS code B00A0...Do I need an ocs service kit?

A quick background of my car:
Daughter was sideswiped on passenger side...side curtain airbag was deployed.
Insurance co. totaled it and I bought it back determined to fix it myself.
I replaced the seatbelt, had the SRS module reset and replaced the side curtain airbag.
The problem is as follows:
I got the module back and the new seat belt at the same time but was still waiting on the side curtain airbag. I went ahead and installed the new seat belt and the SRS module, connected the battery and test drove the car not thinking about how the SRS light would illuminate due the the airbag not being installed....DUH! I finally got the airbag today, disconnected the battery, installed it, reconnected battery and ofcourse the SRS light is still illuminated. I'm guessing / hoping it's the old code still stored. My scan tool is an older one and won't read or delete SRS codes. Is there another way to reset the code? Or do I need to buy a newer, better scan tool?

P.s. - As soon as I have it all together and the light off I am taking it to the dealer so they can confirm that all SRS system components are working properly.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Might as well have them reset it then, price for check vs. check/reset is probably the same.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might as well have them reset it then, price for check vs. check/reset is probably the same.
Thats where it gets tricky.
The service manage told me if I brought the car in coding something and with a light on he would have to charge $110 for the scan.
If its not coding anything he said he would do a check of the SRS system for me at no charge.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Thats where it gets tricky.
The service manage told me if I brought the car in coding something and with a light on he would have to charge $110 for the scan.
If its not coding anything he said he would do a check of the SRS system for me at no charge.
Call another dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the dealer scan it today ($110)
It coded the: B00A0 - Occupant Classification System (subfault)
Does anyone know anything about this fault?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Occupant sensor for the passenger seat possibly?

Was the seat wiring disconnected for seat belt latch replacement?

Edit: Kinda generic code from what I see googling it, there can be numbers after it as well for more detail. Some answers say that the sensor needs to be calibrated with Ford's IDS tool to set it in the SRS module. Doesn't sound like much help if that's all they told you.

Did you mention the fresh SRS module & ask about getting that set?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Occupant sensor for the passenger seat possibly?
That's what I'm thinking it is.

Was the seat wiring disconnected for seat belt latch replacement?
No...There was no one in the passenger seat at the time of the accident so I never had to do anything to that seat belt.
See answers above in red.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'm thinking of the calibration mentioned between the seat & the new module then (edited prev. to add more BTW).

Also wonder if the new module needs more data entry for the car's system beyond that, did the "reset" include entering the car data in the module?

On MkIII's, even something like the ABS module needs to be programmed to the car after installation before it will work properly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking of the calibration mentioned between the seat & the new module then (edited prev. to add more BTW).
I think you're right...I was just going through the manual and reading about that.
Also wonder if the new module needs more data entry for the car's system beyond that, did the "reset" include entering the car data in the module?
I don't believe so, all I gave them was the module and no other info. When you say: "car's data" what does that mean?

On MkIII's, even something like the ABS module needs to be programmed to the car after installation before it will work properly.
Thanks for the help sailor!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tryin', just going by bits I pick up here & there.

Didn't know if newer SRS modules had the car I.D. entered into them as part of their records, wasn't necessarily part of the memory on older ones AFAIK.

Earlier models you could plug in an unused one (no accident) or your own "reset" and that was it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tryin', just going by bits I pick up here & there.

Didn't know if newer SRS modules had the car I.D. entered into them as part of their records, wasn't necessarily part of the memory on older ones AFAIK.

Earlier models you could plug in an unused one (no accident) or your own "reset" and that was it.
Well, after calling a few different dealers I finally got one to give me a little tech advice over the phone. He is saying I need to reset / re-calibrate the passenger seat weight sensor. He said the Genesis or the Launch code scanner are two that he knows of that will do this.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There's some confirmation of both our guesses & the book info. you found.

Fresh module needs the sensor calibration done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure what everyone else's experience has been with this, but dealer would not do a simple "calibration" on the seat. When any airbag goes off in these cars it sets a code in the passenger seat module (B00A0). The dealer wanted to replace the entire seat assembly which is a lot of money. What I did is search salvage yards for a vehicle that was the same year (2013) as my car that did not have any airbag deployment and I bought the seat for $100. I installed the seat and the B00A0 code cleared out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use an Innova 3160d to scan and clear SRS codes in my 2013 Focus. It works fine for that, but if someone is trying to clear the B00A0 code out of the OCS in the passenger seat, I do not know of a way (yet) to do so. I may play around with the seat I pulled out of my car that still has the code set in the OCS, but I do not know of any tool or business that is able to do it. The quick fix for me on that particular code was to just replace the seat with one from a salvage of the same year (2013) that did not have airbags deploy. That method I at least know works and the B00A0 code did clear after I did that. Keep in mind that the SRS module will need to be reset to clear the B1193 code, companies like myairbags.com can do it for a reasonable fee and that worked for me. You will also need to replace any airbags that deployed, replace seat belts, and replace the SRS solenoid in the steering column if you have a model with a collapsible steering column (B0005) code.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts