Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iv been reading alot about intakes on the forum and i have seen this issue also.... and i got a HKS super flow air filter. i wanted to make a SRI for my 06 zx3. i took out the resonator box and the MAF tube and all the other crap and put the filter straight up to the TB. car was running normal and sounded great but was shifting really hard. (i have a auto) and the engine light came on. So next thing i did was reuse the MAF so that the sensor was geting air flow over it. but then the car wasnt geting over 40MPH idk wtf is going on. thought this would be simple. any one help? i want the SRI b/c with my luck ill [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up my engine with a cold air. right now the car is set up according to this...
http://www.ineedawebsite.com/BlazingCopperZX3/Stealth CAI.html

but i dont want to use that stupid. resonator box. do you have to have it? you shouldnt according to purchasing the FS works CAI. right? i basically rigged up what u can buy from fs works but Short and right in the engine bay.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
You don't have to use the resonator box but you do need the MAF tube with the MAF sensor in it. In order to get it to work correctly you may have to trim one or both sides to make it mate up to the filter and the tubing on the other side though. And make sure the MAF is pointing the correct way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sounds like your car went into a limp mode. As for the reason why, Id say that its from not having the maf sensor in place. Get ahold of a scanner and clear the codes, this should take it out of limp mode. Someone else may have more info on this.

·
Registered
296 Posts
And the fix was...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts