Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my Steeda SRI installed and I love it! it sounds so much better now from stock. i love the deep tone it has. im kinda likeing the lil blow off valve sound it does once in a while, i think thats normal right? now i cant wait to get my exhaust and tune.

Attachments

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
yeah, especially when you just start up the car when you go to shift into second you get the big whoosh. I can't hear mine so much anymore cuz the backfiring of the exhasut drones out the whoosh.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i dont do much self shifting seeing as how my cars an auto. [:(]
but it's kool.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
oh, didn't notice that. Basically going from throttle to no throttle or when just getting on the throttle, you will hear it. It is slightly amuzing

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
my cold air intake made a bov soundish whistle when i first installed.
check for slight air leaks at connection points.as mine was leaking.
i used some a lil blue atv sealant.right around silicone hose clamps.
over-tightening clamps can also cauz leaks.
still has a cool bovish sound when u let off hard-throttle but it is much crisper and cleaner sounding.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kk, it seem like most of the other steeda sri's that ppl have installed made the same noise...but i'll check my connections and stuff just to make sure.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I put on an AEM Dryflow filter to stop ALL noise from the intake (except the growl of course) I like the whine and Pshhh noise it had but I want to keep it a secret to the people around here. Only time you hear the intake is at WOT and that has to be right next to me or the FS exhaust drowns its out.

But I agree the Intake system is awesome!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts