Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install an ebay SRI right now. Ive got the MAF off and the stock intake off. My problem is I cant get the 90 degree coupler to fit. One end is larger than the other. From all the stuff Ive read, the larger end is supposed to go over the throttle body, and the smaller end over the intake pipe, but I cant get the small end over the pipe.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a special way to do it?

Oh and also, its an ebay filter until I can pick up a kn filter next week, do I need to oil the ebay filter? and where can I get the oil?

[ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I'm going to start off with this, you get what you pay for. The coupler is probably the wrong size, or can be forced on. Just keep working at it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
you have to strech it out over the pipe first with the narrow end and then when you have it together put the thicker end on the throttle body, its rubber so it will stretch, i would recomend to oil it, you can get the oil at any oreily's auto zone pep boys, advance auto part, they all have them just ask, i reccomend you put that k & n becouse its a diffrence

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
you may be able to use a hairdryer to soften it up a little bit. does your sri have a place for the MAF?

i had an e-bay sri a long time ago that had no place for the MAF. i thought i could get away with it but my car would always die when i let off the throttle.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
use a hairdryer and soften it. it will go on and use the ebay and oil at pepboys or autozone

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I ended up letting it set in some hot water to stretch it out, it was a biatch LOL. Ya I got the MAF on between the filter and the pipe. It is soooooo nice, I can hear the difference, and it pulls a lot better all the way up to 6500rpms. It doesnt feel like its falling off after about 6k anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts