Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
no i dont think anyone has them an it's already has been posted befor by me when the first came out an.........use.......the........search..............button

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
no i dont think anyone has them an it's already has been posted befor by me when the first came out an.........use.......the........search..............button
yeah, but if everyone just used the search button when something came up, this forum will slowly fall apart and loose why it exists - to connect people with answers and support through posting threads.

lol don't be so harsh man [thumb]

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
this is my last and final warning, make one more thread without thourghly searching, and then searching again will start to result in an infraction for every thread created.

i am sorry for be blunt, but you yourself have 3 threads in the first 10, and the first thread is the stickie thread.

there are members that have the UDP's but from what ive read, no one has installed them yet.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe-people dont mind my questions? jeez-just trying to build my focus and when i have a question i come here and ask it-i dont see whats wrong with that- 2.0d-slo-cus[driving]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
questions are meant to be the last solution. Seeing as how your exact car has been around for 3 years, and the focus itself has been around since late 1998, most everything has already been discussed. We take lots and lots of time to create the write-ups and have worked together for a long time to answer most questions, so a simple search will yield a great amount of pertinent info. Most threads that are created are for new problems or for new products, etc. Don't think that we're picking on you in particular, we tend to jump on anyone who does this exact same thing, especially if you've caught us at a bad time.

Thank you.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
man people !!!! give the kid a break, you know that somtimes after you spend 10-20 min searching threw old threads and coming back with nothing you have no other option to post a new thread. ive done in in the past and havent gotten this much crap for it.i think that we all should just guide him in the right direction and then soon after he gets his Q taken care of just lock it or get rid of the thread. give the kid a break. if people thought FF would turn into one of those honda forums where everyone was having a pissing contest. FF would not have any members. i love tring to help people out.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i gave a warning in a previous thread about creating too many threads about the stuff that has already been answered.

tim had created a thread about the best quality intake... now that doesnt need a new thread because there already is an intake thread...

and i count 3 threads in his new thread history that deal with underdrivepullies...

and there are other threads also out there about the underdrive pullies. just because its not listed in the 4 pages, doesnt mean it isnt in the archive, to then you would need to search for it.

the reason for the so called "search nazi's" is because if honestly look and search, you'll find any answer out there, and i personally created probably the 3 main topics as stickies... exhaust, intakes and hydrolock... and then i topped it off with a duratec information thread, that contains just about all the info you would need, and plus that thread even has links within it to some of the most popular threads, and the threads that are commonly created out of those first set of questions.

we at FF, value all of our members, we gladly accept all of them with open hands. we have the most complete and wonderful group of people for the focus community.

but when people complain about the database errors, slowness of the website, and then threads getting lost in the sea of repeats... we, as moderators will have to do what we've been governed to do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey hon hon- how bout this- im serving this country- saving lives in the u.s. coast guard ok-im 19 and i wanna build my focus-so when i have a question i ask- im sorry for being 19 and wanting 2 build cars-i could be out there doin what the other 98% of kids my age are doin- cut me some slack ah? honestly-

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Here's my $.02 worth. When conducting research on a new part/modification you heard about, search Google, Ask, Yahoo, etc. and see what you can dredge up. If that doesn't work or you just want to get some opinions from people who have the part or have done the mod you are looking for, utilize the search feature on this site (that's one of the reasons why it's there) while using the same search criteria that you used for the Web. You may have to try different search criteria for FF. IF you don't get your questions answered by then, start a new thread to ask your questions. The point being...do your research on all channels before starting a new thread. I agree with a lot of the FF veterans here when it comes to seeing the same thread topic show up again and again. Your question WILL get answered in one way or another. End of Rant.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
hey hon hon- how bout this- im serving this country- saving lives in the u.s. coast guard ok-im 19 and i wanna build my focus-so when i have a question i ask- im sorry for being 19 and wanting 2 build cars-i could be out there doin what the other 98% of kids my age are doin- cut me some slack ah? honestly-
No offense, dude, but serving your Country has NOTHING to do with searching or asking about modifications or parts for your car. DON'T bring that into the issue. I've served my Country for over ten years (and still serving) and have NEVER used that as an excuse for ANYTHING since I've been in. Sorry, if I seem blunt, but that hits a nerve with me. [rant] Just try to search ALL avenues BEFORE you start a new thread.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
within a few weeks ill be serving the country too... not in military but for law enforcement.

and tim, ive cut you alot of slack, you've created probably about 3 or 4 more threads sinse my initial warning about creating multiple threads about topics that already have threads on them.

but to be on topic for this thread, i dont believe anyone has the SR pullies because they are alittle on the pricey side... and right now there is a scare of UDP's for the duratec members, because everyone is scared to ruin there engine. i know of maybe less than 4 or 5 members that have any brand on UDP on their engine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[thumb] wow, what im trying to say is-for you guys who take 02 seconds to read things-i dont have time to search and sit here for hours like most you guys do-i have 5 minutes there-couple there-u guys understand that?? i hope so-i can get barney if we need to break it down any farther? u wanna do that?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
what does a purple dinosaur have to do with anything?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use the search occassionally, but mostly I post in a thread I find pertinent to what I'm curious about... besides being on phychiatric disabliltiy and becoming confused very easily I read a lot. I haven't as of yet posted a thread...I don't know enough nor do I know how to make up a thread...I guess I am glad I am "slow" mentally because it keeps me out of a lot of trouble in FF...Besides, if I have a question most people, including people like Chris, Evan, Tom, Jet and several others accomodate me. This is why I so much prefer being in FF than in FJ...FF has been a great resource for me, though I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer...so thanks to everybody who lends me a hand with my curiousities..you all have been a great help...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts