Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everytime it's humid, cold or when it rains my snake belt always squeeks for a while then it goes away but I can live with it.

The real problem is, when I drive over a puddle which doesn't have to be a big one at all my car will automatically squeek, hesitate as if the belt is slipping and I will lose power steering for about 10 secs.

I don't know if I'm missing a guard shield somewhere but I'd prefer to have power steering at all times!!

Anything I should do?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you should have a sheild, if it is missing you will have these problems.. Take a look under the car from the right front wheelwell. If you can see your crank pulley, your sheild is missing.

It's easy to install, two10mm bolts hold it there, you if it is cone, i'd grab another from a scrapyard.

If the sheild IS there, look at the belt to see if it is getting any oil or something on it, if the belt looks dry and in decent shape, I'd try replacing the belt tensioner.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll take a look tomorrow and get back to you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
had same thing happen to me i just got a new belt and it went away. i think it was just stretched out and my tensioned pulley was all the way down so the tension was not all that great on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts