Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been having a cooling problem for about 5 days now. At first i thought i just got low on coolant so i topped it off about 2 days later it was low again, Came to find a coolat leak out of the thermostat housing. Thought i found the problem except after i added coolant again last night theres a squeal coming from the belt area. its deffinitly a belt squeal but it happens at frequent, random times. can the water pump going bad cause this? or maybe the timing belt?

Its a very loud squeal and it happens when i turn the car on and also while driving it even got louder when i put in the clutch.

I drive the car every day and sadly my commute is usually in the 100 miles a day range so any info asap would help alot.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Replace the ancillary (accessory) drive belt and belt tensioner. The squeal is from belt slip. Simple fix.
While you're there spin all the drive pulleys; they should spin smoothly, quietly and freely by hand (with the exception of the crank pulley, of course.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is actually the thermstat housing and water pump leaking. now the problem is the waterpump is siezed to the engine block and nothing will get it off any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts