Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have a great 2002 Ford Focus, and when I depress the brake pedal, there is a fairly high-pitched noise as if two pieces of metal are rubbing directly against each other for a brief moment. I'm not exactly sure where the noise is coming from. At first I thought it was coming from the pedal itself, inside the passenger compartment, but now I'm not at all certain where it's coming from.

Anyone here have any thoughts on where I ought to be applying the grease?

·
Registered
759 Posts
when you step on your breaks, essentially it is metal rubbing against metal. Its the rotor against the break pad, maybe its time for a replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with all due respect, you insult my intelligence. I know full well what the steel-on-steel sound of fried brake pads and/or warning tabs sound like, and the squeak I am hearing is DEFINATELY, with 100% cerainty, not caused by brakes.

Next suggestion!

·
Registered
134 Posts
have you tried using just the parking brake to see if the rear brakes are making noise and possibly resonating through the frame?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have. That's not the problem. It's nearly surely a mechanical linkage squeaking issue. Definately not brake pads (which are all full, on the drums and the discs

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mabe a motor mount loose or broken allowing some moving engine part to be hitting the body or suspension? have you checked the wheelwell for sings of any rubbing?

I wish you luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts