Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Ford Focus with a 2.0 spi motor and I've been fighting a squeaky belt for the last month. I orginally thought the tensioner was bad so I replaced that and the belt. I got the tensioner from Ford but I got the belt from O'riley's. After putting on the tensioner and new belt it was quiet for about 2 weeks. Now the sound has come back. Not sure if it's because of were I bought the belt or what. When I look at the tensioner it looks like the belt is riding on the very outside edge. I'm not sure if it is suppose to ride there or this is being caused by something else. Anyone ever have any issue's with their harmonic balancer. I can spray the belt with some silicon lube and it will be quiet for a day or two before the squeak comes back. This is driving me nuts so any opinions are helpful.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If you can spray it with silicone spray and it goes away, I'm thinking its the belt. Try taking this one back and see what they say. Did you get the cheapo $12 belt or a good one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid $30 for the belt. I should of just got a ford one being I get employee price on Ford parts, but i decided to change the belt after I had the tensioner off and the dealership was closed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah i def would try a new belt if it dosent work then take it back. are you sure its not one of te pulleys did you check them all when you had the blet off?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts