Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My 08 Focus has some strange sounds occurring when going over bumps.

The bumps can be extremely minor and the sounds still occur.
There is a loud squeaking noise when the car sways or goes up and down from the rear only, and a kncki9ng noise as well that comes from the front.

The squeaking is worse the colder the weather ( ie. this time of year ) and the knocking is pretty consistent.

Are these serious issues and should i take it in immediately?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there,

There is a loud squeaking noise when the car sways or goes up and down from the rear only, and a kncki9ng noise as well that comes from the front.

The squeaking is worse the colder the weather ( ie. this time of year ) and the knocking is pretty consistent.

Are these serious issues and should i take it in immediately?
I have same year car with similar problems I would inspect the sway bar end links, if it is squeaking it usually the ball joint in Ford case lower a-arm and ball are sold togetherthis might help :http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230440

·
Registered
128 Posts
check your bushings out back. See if they're dried and cracked. Easy fix

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

Hi kieran123,

Please PM me your VIN and I'll check for any available coverages or ESPs.The Powertrain Warranty is for certain transmission and engine parts; you can view the 2008 Warranty Guide here for specific details. In the meantime, you may want to have the dealer diagnose your Focus to ease your concern.

for me at 55k it wasnt cover they said coverd under the 3-36 so it out of my pocket
Just replied to your PM.[:)]

~Natasha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts