Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I turn my car on, I hear a pretty loud squeaking noise from the center console. It sounds like a vent changing directions or the air switching from my feet to the dash.

Maybe a related item- does anyone else's AC blow at their feet for a good 10 seconds before moving to the dash vents? I leave the AC set to the dash vents and 10 seconds is a long time without a breeze in the Texas Summer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No squeaks here, you should have it checked out.

On the second point, mine does blow through the floor vents for a good 5-10 seconds before moving to the dash vents. I don't think it's necessarily a problem; it just seems to be the way the system starts up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also get a low pitched squeak when I first turn on the car and the air moves from floor to dash vents. Good to know it happens to other people. Im not sure if its something that will go away with time, or get worse. We'll see!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Creak is a better way to describe it. If lots of people are seeing this, I wonder if that means it's normal or that it's broken for many of us.

It may be a few weeks before I go to the dealership, so if anyone else goes hears anything about this please let us know.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I, too, have this creak. It is definitely the directional vent for the floor on mine; and yes, it opens and closes the floor vent for a moment when you start the car.

Perhaps it's rubbing on something, or isn't properly greased.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I hear this when the car goes from floor vents to upper vents. Does it consistently if I have both or one vent going and stop the floor vent, kind of annoying. Did any body get this fixed or did you just live with it? Sorry for posting to an old thread.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I have it too - it'll look into it when I tear the dash apart in like 3 years and 100k miles... if I don't sell the car first.

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that none of the dealers in a 300 mile radius from my house will ever fix anything on my car that doesn't render the car undriveable. Especially considering my mileage already, it's a joke trying to get anything done under the ESP.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have it too - it'll look into it when I tear the dash apart in like 3 years and 100k miles... if I don't sell the car first.

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that none of the dealers in a 300 mile radius from my house will ever fix anything on my car that doesn't render the car undriveable. Especially considering my mileage already, it's a joke trying to get anything done under the ESP.
I like the car overall, but they definitely seem to be very lax when it comes to fixing things. To still have this albeit minor issue still prevalent after 3-4 years along with the more major common issues like the DCT is just kinda lame and aggravating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts