Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 focus zx5. The only problem with it is an annoying squeak and faint rattle that occurs whenever the car shakes. It of course is much loader when I go over a bump. The noise is coming from the outside of the car by the right back tire. I thought it might be the shocks, but the dealer replaced the shocks and struts and the noise remained. Any ideas? I am not very mechanically inclined, so I do not know how to trouble shoot this problem.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 focus zx5. The only problem with it is an annoying squeak and faint rattle that occurs whenever the car shakes. It of course is much loader when I go over a bump. The noise is coming from the outside of the car by the right back tire. I thought it might be the shocks, but the dealer replaced the shocks and struts and the noise remained. Any ideas? I am not very mechanically inclined, so I do not know how to trouble shoot this problem.
Congrats on the new-to-you Focus, and welcome to the forum! [:)] It takes quite a bit of knowledge to troubleshoot some concerns, and your dealer will be able to diagnose it so you don't have to worry. If it was a Certified Pre-Owned, it may even be under warranty.

Let me know if I can help!

~Natasha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts