Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so the first problem is that my brakes sqeak everytime I let off the break at low speeds. I know that is a common problem and I would just like to know if there is anything I can do for it by myself.

Second, my rear wheels (I believe the rear passenger) makes a sqeaking noise every so often and more often when I hit small bumps.

I don't want to take it to a shop so if anyone can tell me something I could do it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i think almost everyone's brakes squeak... my advice is to wear em out and them get better ones.

btw, where in bucks county... my gf lives in richboro and i used to live in cheltenham

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a similar problem, it took a long time searching before I found out that it was the connection of the passanger side rear seat where the release latch is to lay it down. If I release the seat and lay it down the noise stopped. Try this, its worth a try. It took me a few months to figure out. I swore it was the suspension or something but I'll be damned it was something so small.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gitar111 said:
i think almost everyone's brakes squeak... my advice is to wear em out and them get better ones.

btw, where in bucks county... my gf lives in richboro and i used to live in cheltenham
I live in the Doylestown Area in Central Bucks.

And I will try that rear seat lay down trick, I would never have thought of that so I hope it works. Now did you fix the connection or just have it lay down all the time?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Maybe you could hit it with a touch of grease Joe...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts