Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roll-up windows on my '03 ZX3 emit a high-pitched (deafening really...) squeal as I roll them up. Both sides do the same thing. It seems to be worst when the weather's dry.

Anybody heard of this?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yeah, my drivers window does it too. i think the slider just needs some grease since when it's wet it doesn't do it at all.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ack my 03 is the same way. i am always afraid... it does it when it is dry and dusty... we need a pro. anyone have any tips?

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
ok all, heres the solution. you'll need to pull the door panel off to access the insde of it. now while your looking in there, look towards the top. make sure the window is down. youll see some plastic blocks the glass sits against (guide blocks) what happens is these get dirty. if you look at your glass you may see a streak scratched in it from top to bottom if its been this way awhile (this is a reason to keep windows clean).simply unbolt the blockd, noting their exact location. scrub them really good with soap and water and dry. roll the window up so you can access the lower portion to clean it, when done roll back sown. install blocks, roll window up to make sure everything is still good, install door panel and your done.
if the blocks in bad shape, bodyshps and dealers parts dept can order then, they're not expensive.

hope that helps some out. while in there lube everything lightly...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yeo, the doors are a p.i.t.a. to take apart, don't you have a magic wand i could borrow?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have found that a "Rain-X" treatment often stops the squeaking for a longer time than a simple window cleaning.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
thanks for teh magic wands!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts