Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would not recommend putting HIDs in these projector housing as they are designed for halogen bulbs and you will blind oncoming traffic. For the price you can't beat them. Beyond happy.

I kind of disagree. If you take the time to adjust them, they are not blinding. But then again they are super bright with HIDs so in a way you're right. I get occasional drivers to flash at me but it's usually on roads that have no street lights around. The difference between HIDs and the halogens I had in them is HUGE. They still have nothing on those big trucks riding around with HIDs. Those things hurt for real.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I kind of disagree. If you take the time to adjust them, they are not blinding. But then again they are super bright with HIDs so in a way you're right. I get occasional drivers to flash at me but it's usually on roads that have no street lights around. The difference between HIDs and the halogens I had in them is HUGE. They still have nothing on those big trucks riding around with HIDs. Those things hurt for real.

Agreed. I have a set of HID's I test fit in my headlights and the cutoff was just fine. I can post a pic to prove t

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
spyder are junk quality, I wouldn't touch them...do some research

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
First link isn't working. But from what I've seen the third link is the best choice. I have Spyders though and I love them.

By the way most of the drls on these aftermarket headlights turn on when you switch to parking lights, and then stay on when the headlights are on.
You have spyders and not custom retrofits like ones you make?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Holy crap what are those new lights and whered you get that hood decal?
I can help you here friend. Unfortunately, 'CableGuy7556' passed away earlier this year, he is no longer with us.

I knew him somewhat as he made a set of retrofit headlights for me. Those lights in his picture are retofitted headlights that he made himself. I'm not certain if he used the spyder headlights to retrofit or OEM halogen housings on that specific photo. His name was Richard, and Richard was not a fan of the Spyder headlights or any other ebay projectors. He would tell you to stay away. If you want sweet headlights, your 2 options are to either retrofit OEM halogen housings or get a pair of ST3 headlights. If you have any questions, you can ask me and I'll try to answer.

Richard retrofitted I think 4 or 5 pairs of Focus headlights.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I can help you here friend. Unfortunately, 'CableGuy7556' passed away earlier this year, he is no longer with us.

I knew him somewhat as he made a set of retrofit headlights for me. Those lights in his picture are retofitted headlights that he made himself. I'm not certain if he used the spyder headlights to retrofit or OEM halogen housings on that specific photo. His name was Richard, and Richard was not a fan of the Spyder headlights or any other ebay projectors. He would tell you to stay away. If you want sweet headlights, your 2 options are to either retrofit OEM halogen housings or get a pair of ST3 headlights. If you have any questions, you can ask me and I'll try to answer.

Richard retrofitted I think 4 or 5 pairs of Focus headlights.
There are other options then retrofit which requires amazing patience and time, trial and error, and a bit of luck....St3 headlights regularly sell for $600 to 1000+ There are some decent headlights with projectors designed for HID or LED bulbs, not halogen which most of the $500 and under are.....you need to spend about $900 for good aftermarket headlights and that usually includes hid ballasts, bulbs everything you need.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts