Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a quality difference, I can't seem to figure why the disparity in price between the models like these:

$350 - http://www.carid.com/2012-ford-focus-headlights/spyder-halo-led-projector-headlights-17694841.html

$270 - http://www.carid.com/2012-ford-focus-headlights/spyder-led-projector-headlights-25543168.html

There are other models too, eac around either of those 2 prices... anyone have any insight as to why the 2 different price points? They seem very similar to me, do they more expensive ones simply have more LED's?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, you really have to watch the video to see the halo part of it... Really crappy job of showing a differentiating characteristic on CarID's part. Actually the video doesn't even show the halo on this one. Spyder doesn't even list these on their website... not really sure what is going on.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you really have to watch the video to see the halo part of it... Really crappy job of showing a differentiating characteristic on CarID's part.
Cool, they DO say "halo" right in the description, don't they? ;) They just don't show them actually lit up in the photos... thanks for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yea I had to look for a minute to see the difference. Theres like 3 of each type too (chrome/black/tinted). The halos are like $80 more too. I don't know if that's worth it to some but I don't like halos anyways so I saved the monies.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I had to look for a minute to see the difference. Theres like 3 of each type too (chrome/black/tinted). The halos are like $80 more too. I don't know if that's worth it to some but I don't like halos anyways so I saved the monies.
But, the housing for the main projector is painted black on the ones with halos too... since I have a tuxedo black car with black bezel fog lights I really want that so I'll probably go for the halo ones....

How long have you had yours? Any issues with outer coating peel?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
But, the housing for the main projector is painted black on the ones with halos too... since I have a tuxedo black car with black bezel fog lights I really want that so I'll probably go for the halo ones....

How long have you had yours? Any issues with outer coating peel?
I just ordered yesterday so I don't know. Quite a few people have them and say they love them though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts