Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well it happens very often if in 1st at @2000rpm if i flor it, it will putt putt putt sputter then take off what the hell??? And after a quick race ill come to a stop and itll turn off ??? Or if ive been driving @ for a while i come to a light and let it idle it will turn off i gotta push on da gas to keep it on i put 93 octane what else could this be?? HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yea i have the same problem somwtimes almost feels like the car is missing and my cel is on but its is from ORP but yea i give it some gas and its sputters sometimes pops has almost no power at all but once u get past like 2.5k-3k it is ok but then u go up to a stop light and once it idles back starts acting up only happens every now and then it was really bad a few weeks back almost every day so i got the oil changed (it was due for a change anyways) and i put some fuel injector cleaner in it and filled it up with gas and it seems to help it run better i baby my car its a 2003 and it only has 15k on it but i got more problems then i can think of with the car hmmmmm lets see 1. Stalls at stop lights(battery light flickers) 2. Problem stated above 3. grinding/rubbing sound coming from the front of cart at slow speeds well at least thats when i can hear it 4. windows squeak like crazy when i am rolling them up (after i got tint put on) 5. the TSB on the clutch plate/flywheel thing again (been relpaced once already at 9k may 05) well thats i can think of at the moment but i am sure that there is alot more hey i love my car but it pisses me off too much......

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the the demon coilpack and livewires along with NGK plugs ??? do you think i need a bigger fuel pump or injectors

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
No.

The EGR valve might be leaking, or maybe it's not being controlled properly, or there might be a vacuum leak, or the MAF, or the TPS.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i fix any of that or find out which one is da problem?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
matthewsvt said:
The SVT has no EGR. (returnless fuel system)
You sure? I haven't seen an automotive gas engine without EGR in 30 years. The type of fuel system really has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about Exhaust Gas Recirculation here

·
Registered
432 Posts
yeah i have the same problem.. ill be driven around 30 mph and it shakes really bad, looses power, feels like it wants to shut off.. and then when i slow down the battery light comes on.. my CEL is on because of my 02 censor, the first one..i changed my spark plugs and wires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
there is a ford authorized reflash that relates to a tsb, i forget the tsb number. i thiink its 13-07-09 or something. if your under warrenty its free. it fixes the bogging at low rmp as well as the stall/surge around 2300 rpm and the flashing batt light. the stock flash has a really sensitive threshold for knock sensor data. the MAF is so close to the intake that air pulses back a forth across the maf causing variations in MAf voltage. the flash cures the hiccup.

BTW- dont screw around with the first o2 sensor. your ecu relies heavily on this sensor. its not a normal o2 sensor. its a air/fuel ratio sensor. it cant be switched with the second sensor B1S2. and its more expensive.
Second- SVT motor has NO EGR, engines with varible cam timing are not forced by regulations to use an EGR system

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
tomselleck said:
SVT motor has NO EGR, engines with varible cam timing are not forced by regulations to use an EGR system
Very interesting, thank you. Learn something every day... er, well, practically every day.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If it's a true A/F sensor, then why pay $400 bucks for a WIDE BAND when we can just tap into these line? The front 02 sensor is the main 02 for the SVTF yes, but it's not a true a/f meter. Just a generic ritch or lean sensor. Under WOT the ECU does not even pay it any mind, it uses just the MAF.

byw, I need a new front 02, any deals?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts