Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a nice 04 SVT with 96k miles at a dealer today. I noticed that when the car was in neutral, I revved the motor to about 5k and let off the gas, and as the revs fell naturally there were a few sputtering noises from the exhaust? I feel like I have heard this in SVTFs I have seen on YouTube and such but I was wondering if this is normal and/or what causes it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would this technically be considered backfiring? I'm not really concerned that this is a problem with the car but I'm trying to understand exactly what it is

·
Registered
293 Posts
not a back fire but when its decreasing rpms their still alot of fuel flow through the system so it fires a little different with more fuel in the chamber. its pretty normal for the svt's as every engine was hand built for optimum power in high rpm range.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ever hear an SRT-4?

The pops and gargles were the best. Much more exaggerated than the SVT. When using Staged PCMs it would actually tune for more gargles and pops from the exhaust. haha.

Would not worry about it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha yeah I was definitely like "man this sounds pretty cool" but made this post just to make sure. Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts