Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, now that you have all seen that ive installed my new AEM CAI to take place of the crap ebay rusty CAI that was originally on there when i got it, i am wanting to make the engine and everything look a little nicer. i was thinking of painting the headers using prolly some type of thermal paint, and maybe the plastic pieces. what i am wanting to know, is what will look good? and also what to use to clean everything up and organize wiring and all that jazz. i have included a picture, so feel free to photoshop it or make an example with mspaint for all i care, im just looking for ideas, thanks!!

[thumb]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
speaking of headers, anyone have a clue as to what kind these are? ive been told they are not stock, so any ideas? thanks again...

·
Registered
958 Posts
they look stock to me...if not then prolly some form of shorty header

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it still has the cat and all that, with one of those exhaust muffler tip things that is made by Neuspeed. it doesnt have a rice sound to it, in fact its pretty quiet, which is what i like.

·
Registered
0 Posts
yea def not stock... some sort of shorty header... maybe pacesetter not sure... it really could even be a cheap ebay brand sayin ur CAI was from ebay

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, from what i am finding, this is appearing to be an ebay ride. it got the gawdy taillights, it had crappy intake, nasty yellow interior everywhere. i have changed everything i have came across that i dont like, but still have a few things. i also have the "brembo" brake rotors too. anyways, im thinking they are ebay shortys, do you think they give any xtra hp or no? are there other brands of shortys out there, if so what are they?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Even tho they are ebay and not the best they will still help out on performance. When I changed out my headers and took a look at the stock ones they where sooo restritive... THe only problem u will see with these ones are that they as picturered will prolly start to rust and the welds might give b/c they are never real strong. But yea they still will help comapred to stock.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
honestly, it would be undercover rice, but would or could actually look neat if it matched the inake. If you got red wires to match, that could be kinda cool too.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
yeah looks a little out of place by itself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts