Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was whondering if anybody has heard of or used Sprint Suspension on a focus and if they are any good?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey I was whondering if anybody has heard of or used Sprint Suspension on a focus and if they are any good?
Never heard of them, link? What are you going for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going for a 1.5 to 2 in drop on an 05 focus zx3 with a good ride. Ive looked at the eibach and h&r springs, but I want something maybe a little cheaper?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I am going for a 1.5 to 2 in drop on an 05 focus zx3 with a good ride. Ive looked at the eibach and h&r springs, but I want something maybe a little cheaper?
Have you checked out the bst section? Of course you'll need dampers to go w/ those springs.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I haven't, I actually have never heard of the bst, where would you suggest getting them?
The ''buy, sell, trade (BST) section of this forum.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The ''buy, sell, trade (BST) section of this forum.
This ^^^ Most new spring sets are priced within about $25 from high to low, so the cheapest route will be a used set. My son had SVT springs on the car for two or three years, $50.

If you go 2" lower, pick up good struts to go with it (Konis, Bilsteins, etc...). Used springs to me would be no big deal, but I would think buyer beware on used struts at the lower ride height - Felixthecat could give you the skinny on damper life of the better sets (since he's run them).

At 1.6 drop on your car, Vogtland springs can be run with stock dampers (I have two cars over several years/25,000 miles ea - they work well), but if your car hasn't had dampers replaced, get new ones. Stock replacement dampers are inexpensive compared to the "big boys".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts