Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi just a quick note...does anyon know of a spring for a 02 SVT that will lower 1' or less in the rear and retain the strong feel of the stock spring. Or can the spring be cut or grinded to a lower ride height. Iknow cut a spring is a no no but is there a propper way to avoid the jelly wheel. thanxs for any help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think Ford is the only springs with a 1 inch or less drop. I think the next level would be 1.2 inch drop from H&R. It should be listed here in the suspension section.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure but say a spring is a 1.7 drop, will it lower the car only .7 because of the stock springs being i inch. is this a stupid ?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^No, it's not a stupid question.
And, you're right.
If a manufacturer says 2" drop, you'll only get 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" on an SVTF, since it already sits 1/2 to 3/4" lower on the stock springs.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The Tein are what im running and love them. They lowered mine about 1.5" more than the stock svt springs. Check my gallery. The pic with the Gold FRPP rims, thats the KW springs from FRPP and the other pics are the Tein springs. The KW's only lowered it about .5" over the svt ones. Check out www.fordracingparts.com. Whats up Doug, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts