Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT ARE THE BEST SPRINGS TOO USE THAT ARE BELOW 200$$ I OWN A FOCUS IM NOT RICH THANKS

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
What's the drop on the Steeda springs ?
1.8, 2, 2.5 inches ?

Is the drop the same on the front and back ?

I ask because the Eibach springs drops 2.0 inches in front and 2.25 in rear.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
microtonal said:
What's the drop on the Steeda springs ?
1.8, 2, 2.5 inches ?

Is the drop the same on the front and back ?

I ask because the Eibach springs drops 2.0 inches in front and 2.25 in rear.
They are quoted as having a 1.5" drop, but they leveled my car out. I would say it is 1.5 front, and 1.75 or 1.8 in the rear. The rates are about the stiffest out there, but they are progressive and the ride is firm but not harsh. They are well-thought out springs. Especially for the money. The rates are listed in MM&FF magazine in the issue where thay installed the wheels, shocks, and springs. (Stiffer than anything I have seen in regular [non-coil over, which are rated different because they are more outbound on the suspension]) springs. Way more than Eibach...[thumb]

P.S. I got the Steeda springs after I realized that my previous springs did not have enough rate and the f-r rake was too much. Big difference in the car. Sooooooo happy[:D]

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I don'y think you would need struts and shocks with only a 1.5 drop. Too small of a drop to cause any damage on the factory struts and shocks

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yeah, you do. this point's been discussed way too many times before, so i won't get into it, but do yourself a favor and replace it all at once. if not, you'll have to replace the shocks and struts about 10K later anyway

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts