Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 hours total. It was a long day, I didnt slow down for anything. Got home and I just ate 6 chilie dogs. Im gonna pay for that later.

It took almost 2 hours to get the car on the lift. The lifting pads were to wide and to low for the rear. The lifting arms hit the body before the pads hit the frame. I had to cut blocks of wood to make up the difference so I could lift the car.

The rear was pretty simple, first side was about 1.5 hours, the second side .5 hours.

The front was a nightmare. I got the driver side strut off ok, compressed the spring, and couldnt get the retaining nut off. I had to reinstall the strut and back off the retaining nut with the strut on the car. Second time around it was free enough to come off.

The passenger strut would not release from the spindle. I lubed it, used a BFH on it, lubed it again. I was at the point of dispare when it just fell off by itself.

So Ive got SVTs on the front, and Progress on the rear. The Progress rear springs have the same spring rate as the rear SVTs.

.75 inch drop on the front, 1.8 inch drop on the rear. Almost no wheel gap, the front is just slightly lower than the rear.

The car looks great, ride is about like stock, havent had a chance to get on the twisties.

I used the stock dampners. I will replace the rears when they need it, I may yet put the front Progress springs on. I will wait and see how this setup rides and see how long the rear shocks last with the 1.8 drop.

All in all Im pleased with the results so far. Im hoping for SVT like handling, near stock ride, and I dont want to drag the front lip on driveways.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ive had a 1.8" drop on my focus F/R for over a year and a half now and have no negative effects on my struts/shocks

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Unless you have some fancy sideskirts, you could always lift on the pinch welds. Thats what I do when I use a lift.

Also, do it enough times, and you can get it done by yourself in a couple of hours. I'm almost ready to do it blindfolded, and I'm sure the guys at the garage think I'm crazy.

But congrats.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, never doing mine before, and thats the first time i seen a car with no wheels lol, took me about 4.5 hours.

Granted my car is only a few months old, so its not like it had years to lock the bolts up.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
03BlueReiger said:

Granted my car is only a few months old, so its not like it had years to lock the bolts up.
Amen! I love that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, i bought my car, and 3 weeks later i learned i could have gone to get a pzev. Eff ford and those lame ass pzev owners [:p] [:p] [:p]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts