Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback or recamendation for HID and lowering springs. Thanks:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your going to get alot of crap about putting HID's in the headlight housings, but some people have put eibach springs on and they look good.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol.... Always!!! Found a HID kit 5000k Like all my other kits from car past. Lol
Can't find springs tho?

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
H&R make a sweet spring kit, I just bought them instead of the Eibach's that I initially wanted. I haven't put them on yet, trying to wait til I have some free time

·
Registered
313 Posts
H&R make a sweet spring kit, I just bought them instead of the Eibach's that I initially wanted. I haven't put them on yet, trying to wait til I have some free time
When you do put them on can you take pictures along the way, and before and after shots. I am debating on which springs to get.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
27 Posts
My brother is getting HIRs for his Mitsubishi Outlander. I'll let you guys know how they work out. They're about 75% as bright as HIDs, 2300 lumens for HIRS vs. 3000 lumens for 4300k HIDs vs. 1000 lumens for standard 9006 halogen bulbs, but since they're halogen lights, they won't change the beam pattern so it won't blind oncoming drivers.

HIR = Halogen Infrared Reflecting. The technology apparently converts waste infrared light into useful light.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Go with H&Rs you wont regret it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Lowering springs don't require shocks, but your stock ones will generally wear out quicker. On every car or truck I've ever had and put lowering components on it, I've always replaced the shocks with something better and made to handle the the decreased travel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
depending on what your budget is can decide what you want. Also what kind of ride quality you desire depends too. There are a lot of options in the suspension arena for this car. If you don't car about money or ride quality then some nice coil-overs are teh low to go. If that's too much then I heard a great setup is the H&R springs with konis. Still too much? Get the Eibach pro kit suspension kit. Want the cheapest low? FRPP kit. That comes with springs and dampers for 200-300 bucks depending on who you get them from. There's also the svt kit which doesn't lower too much but is probably the cheapest way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts