Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2003 SVT focus. It has 77k miles on it. I have been granted permission by the commander in chief (the wife) to swap my suspension, and get new tires. I've been going back and forth trying to decide Whether to get the FRPP kit (Springs and dampers) from Mike, or Skunk2 springs (for a lower stance), with the FRPP dampers. So I emailed Skunk2 to ask what the spring rates were. Their response came back with two different rates Main and tender, but I am still wondering if they will be too stiff to run on the FRPP dampers? Does anyone know what these values mean? I have no clue. Thanks for the help.

Front:
Tender - 120 lbs. per in.
Main - 303 lbs. per in.

Rear:
Tender - 103 lbs. per in.
Main - 358 lbs. per in.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Short answer is yes, if you're wanting this upgrade for performance reasons. Otherwise, maybe.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Those are stiff springs. For those rates you need to consider something like a Koni shock. As an example, Eibach Pro springs are 137 lbs/in. front and 171 lbs/in rear. I guessing that the Ford Racing springs are in the same ball park (no numbers have been released as far as I'm aware). That said, its unlikely the Ford Racing shocks would handle the skunks significantly higher rates.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are stiff springs. For those rates you need to consider something like a Koni shock. As an example, Eibach Pro springs are 137 lbs/in. front and 171 lbs/in rear. I guessing that the Ford Racing springs are in the same ball park (no numbers have been released as far as I'm aware). That said, its unlikely the Ford Racing shocks would handle the skunks significantly higher rates.
That's what I figured, thanks for confirming. I think I will go with the FRPP kit, and upgrade my rear sway bar to a 25mm bar. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts