Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get intrax springs on my zts because of the spring rates. However, I only want a max drop of 1.5 inches. I was wondering if anyone makes a spring isolator like what's on my 03 cobra. It basically acts as a spring seat.
See here for an example
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2678_122_1484_1491&products_id=9459

It would increase the ride height so the drop won't be so drastic. I know it's only .5 inches difference between what I want and the intrax svt drop, but I don't want to go that low.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They make polyurathane spring isolators for the rear, but there isn't much change in ride height.
Ok yeah I forgot about those...but yeah nothing really offered to increase ride height huh? maybe I should put in a suggestion...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was able to find the link...

What you can do is shimming it , I've done it on my 00GT a while back , the rear was a bit low for me.

I just bought new insulator for my 03 ZX3 , I don't see any problem shimming the rear , the front it may be trickier a bit more..

The rear lower arm is very deep and will accepct some type of shims same for the top. I won't go to thick if I was you , incase if they want to move.

I also tried some type of "U" shape rubber pieces , they are made to go between the coils to keep them apart but I can't find any pics. of it..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought about shimming it but I don't want to chance having them move around, so a thicker poly isolator might be a better idea

·
Registered
705 Posts
or you could go with the SVT kit (~.75") and just keep out the stock rear isolators (~.25"). After about 5000 miles, there were no signs of excessive wear or any excessive noise without them. As for the front, I'm not sure.

In this pic, Front and rear svt springs and rear isolators removed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok again the point of this is so I can use stiffer springs that normally come with a lower drop, without lowering the car so much. ie. svt intrax springs

·
Registered
705 Posts
to find something stiff and slightly lower (ie 1 inch) would be very difficult to find. The svt kit I mentioned earlier will much improve the stock suspension but wouldn't dominate a competition. If you look around for a spring less than 1.5" you will still have enough wheel gap where you most likely won't rub. In that case you would need a low offset wheel to have any rubbing issues. You may want to look into the Eibach pro-kit springs or H&R Sport Springs for more performance.

If you havn't seen this thread, I highly recommend you check it out:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61959

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm currently planning steeda/koni or kyb agx...I'd rather have a stiffer spring rate like the intrax though. I've pretty much researched all the options. I'm looking for a 1.5 inch drop. I haven't been able to get a spring rate on the H&R sports. I've already checked all the stickies for information and have done many searches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts