Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems finding the correct Rear coils spring compressor? I sure am Autozone has one to loan but it wont fit inside the whole on the cross-member. I also tried the ones that compress the spring out side but it does not fit. Any suggestions, that are cost effective?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You have to compress each side individually. Put the spring compressors one on each side. Leave like a band on each end and slide the spring into place. That should do it as long as you have the correct spring compressor, or clamps what ever you wanna call them.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
You don't need a spring compressor at all. Use a jack to slowly lower the arm releasing the spring tension after removing the lower shock bolt and lower control arm bolt that attaches it to the trailing arm. Then the spring will just fall right out. I had to tap mine with a rubber mallet to keep it from getting hung up. Surely there is a how to on the forum somewhere. The rear suspension is one of the easiest I've ever changed.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
You don't need a spring compressor at all. Use a jack to slowly lower the arm releasing the spring tension after removing the lower shock bolt and lower control arm bolt that attaches it to the trailing arm. Then the spring will just fall right out. I had to tap mine with a rubber mallet to keep it from getting hung up. Surely there is a how to on the forum somewhere. The rear suspension is one of the easiest I've ever changed.
I needed that, too... Thank You! Rep added

1 - 9 of 9 Posts