Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, very soon it is going to be warm and my car needs to be cleaned big time. I just today went and filled a whole garbage bag full of little pieces of garbage and McD's paper bags. But when it gets warm I want to thoroughly clean all of my seats, carpet and especially my engine bay and paint. Now for the inside, what is the best bet? I was thinking about renting some type of steam cleaner and use a tooth brush with some armor all/meguirs interior polishes. For the engine bay I figured I'd get some towels and cover up the spark plug cover and battery and just take a power washer and spray the whole bay and rub it down with a brush. For the exterior i'm not even sure. I know the paint after this winter has taken a beating. I figured I'd go and get some really nice wax, clean the car really really good and take a few hours and give it a nice wax job. Should I do something I didn't list or something different?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Everything sound fine, except the pressue washer in the enginer bay. not good idea, imo.

get a scrub brush like you'd use for hte toilet, and some Spray Nine and a pepsi cap full of wd40, mix together in a windex bottle, cleans the eninge really well leaving a shine. even get that grimey shit off too, the gunk that like dust and tar you can say. or excess greese. great for removing it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
from my own personal experience as a professional car detailer (an actual detailer, not someone who washes cars. You people are not detailers) the best thing for your engine bay would be a nice pro steam clean. Dirt falls right off, and it shines like new. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
875 Posts
That steam clean idea sounds solid. My mom just bought a really good one that claims to be strong enough to clean an engine bay. I'll have to test it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts