Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a wet zex kit a couple of months ago and i finally got around to installing it. got the bottle filled at nitrous supply in huntington beach. so after i got all the glitches with the wiring figured out i took her out for a run.

omfg its not the same car. it just screams. i was rolling at around 3k in first and punched it and spun the tires. when i shifted the tires just didnt want to hold the power, the car was amazing. i have 93k miles and the car has never run this good. i have the car almost where i want it. now its time to finish the exhaust and get it tuned and run a 75 shot! o i ran a 65 shot with no problem.

·
Registered
666 Posts
DO NOT use Nitrous in 1st gear EVER without a window switch to shut it off before the rev limiter. With my turbo, If I dont begin the 1-2 shift process by 6000 It will easily touch the 'cant go any further than this' needle on the tach. Nitrous + Overshooting the rev limiter = bad times.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a window switch....haha. i should really clarify things. its set up to shut off at 6500. yea i do miss all the power, but it is still fun as hell when on it.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
When you get your header that should make it even more fun and when you get your tune and set up the 75 shot it will really make a dr. jeklye and mr. hyde out of your car. You just make me realize what fun fun I missing out on.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
glad you got it running man, filling my bottle up tomm so i can hit it again

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I run mine without a window switch. I have the tach light set to 6000, so I've shifted by 6500 with a 7200 rev limiter.

Nitrous is so much fun [:D]

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea there needs to be more, i want two bottles and that might be my next mod after everything is fixed. but yea nitrous owns

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I might have a bottle for sale soon if I decide not to go with a dual bottle feed.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill try and get some times soon. the zex kit was really easy if you have all the parts. it took me about a day to today everything. i mounted the bottle a couple days earlier. and i suck really bad at wiring so that is what took me a good amount of time, a couple hours actually.

it is really just a matter of running the plumbing, tapping the fuel line, wiring it to the window switch and the TPS and then checking everything like 61638974607 times so you make sure its done righy. thats really it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The zex kit installation is very very easy. I haven't done it in a while but I think there's 3 or 4 wires to hook up, 2 lines to the zex box, 2 to the nozzle, and that's about it. You'll need to either use an adapter from the fuel rail to get fuel or cut the fuel line. Personally, if you're going with a bigger shot, I'd cut the fuel line. I don't trust the end of the fuel rail supplying enough fuel to the box. The hardest part of the install is pushing the button on the box if you're doing it by yourself. The last time I did the install it took me a total of 20 minutes, start to finish, but that was my 4th install.

Last year when I went to the 1/8th mile track and did 2 runs that were about 30 minutes apart. I ran 9.8 NA. This was just with intake, 2k manifold, untuned cam gears, shorty header and catback. When I sprayed a 55 shot I went down to 9.2. Both runs were pretty decent with a 2.3 60ft NA and a 2.1 60ft spraying and-a spinnin' (Yes, I spray out of the hole. [driving]).

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
besthaticouldo: Did you tap the fuel line or into the fuel rail?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tapped the fuel rail. i got a 4 dollar fitting from nitrous supply and like 2 dollars worth of fuel tubing from kragen and made my own fuel line from the hard line on.

ill get some pictures of it. it is a good way to do it.

i cut the regular line off the plastic part and slipped the new stuff on the plastic hard line and cut part of the hardline out and put fuel line clamps on it. it works well and seems to hold the pressure.

i am gonna get shorter - AN lines run because mine are all over the place. it is annoying

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok ill still beat you. what does that say about you? no i have to work on friday i wont be able to make it. you know your car cant keep up.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
glad you got it all installed !!
You gotta come by the house and take me for a ride, after all it WAS my kit LOL !!

Troy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts